Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need Help! CS6000i issues...broken? >

Need Help! CS6000i issues...broken?

Need Help! CS6000i issues...broken?

Old 06-03-2014, 09:53 AM

Default Need Help! CS6000i issues...broken?

Ok ladies... there is something wrong with my machine... I get everything set up great and when I go to stitch it is SUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPER slow... not slow setting slow.... I'm stuck and struggling to make it up once slow... and really disturbing noise.

What can I try to fix this? Anyone else ever have this problem?
Old 06-03-2014, 11:18 AM

I have this machine and never had a problem. Did you check the speed lever on the front? You can control the speed with it. Other than that I can't think of anything else that would have it running so slow.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:25 AM

Did you check to make sure the feed dogs didn't drop by accident? That would keep your fabric from being propelled through the machine.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:51 AM
Power Poster

Try changing to a different wall socket. I had a machine that did that once at a class and it wasn't getting enough power. ? I plugged into a different socket and it worked fine.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:30 PM

Check the pedal - sometimes lint can build up within the pedal and interfere with the connections there. Most pedals have a screw or two you can take out and get the cover off and see if it's gotten linty inside.

Although you said it's making a noise too? What sort of noise? Laboring motor noise? Scraping/grinding noise?
Old 06-03-2014, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
Check the pedal - sometimes lint can build up within the pedal and interfere with the connections there. Most pedals have a screw or two you can take out and get the cover off and see if it's gotten linty inside.

Although you said it's making a noise too? What sort of noise? Laboring motor noise? Scraping/grinding noise?
what do you meant by the pedal? the electric pedal I put my foot on?
the noise is something like a laboring motor noise...

it definitely isn't just the speed setting... I tried all the speed settings and its always the same... plus way too slow to be a setting... I press down on for a minute and it won't even go up and down once & the noise is present.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:50 PM

Did you clean all the lint out, I also agree about checking the pedal
Old 06-03-2014, 05:57 PM

I have that machine too and I found it to be a piece of junk. It broke 3 months after I got and it cost $135 to get it fixed. It broke again 5 months later and it was doing just what yours seems to be doing. Slowing slowly or not sewing at all. I gave up on it. I am NOT going to fix it again. Did you get it off of Amazon? I did and have since heard from many sources that they are not good machines.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:04 PM

It could be your belt, the one from the motor to the machine. Sometimes it splits part way and causes this. I'd check this out.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:27 PM

To check to see if it is the control foot causing a problem: Turn the machine off, unhook the control foot, turn the machine back on and press the on button to sew as if you were doing embroidery. If it sews normally you know its he control foot and can investigate further.