Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need Help! CS6000i issues...broken? >

Need Help! CS6000i issues...broken?

Need Help! CS6000i issues...broken?

Old 06-03-2014, 08:41 PM

Is the hand wheel (on the right side of the machine) stiff to turn by hand? If so, it could be a couple things. Sometimes thread gets wound around the motor pulley and belt. Or the oil/grease they put on these machines goes gummy and freezes up the machine. They don't generally have any service panels, so you can't really get inside to see what's going on. If it's still under warranty, you may want to get your money back.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:13 AM

What quiltedsunshine points out is exactly what happened to me when I was using a thread holder positioned at the back of my Husqvarna. I was aware of this possibility from reading a posting on this board. I thought I had taken enough steps to prevent this but . . . . no it happened. My machine started to really struggle and finally it was just about ready to quit when I finally noticed the thread was winding around the hand wheel. It was was a bear to untangle because as soon as I exerted pressure on the thread it would break. I was about in tears as my husband picked this machine out and gave it to me for Christmas. After working for several hours I was finally able to remove the hand wheel and clear all the mess out.