Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need help - marking pencils

I lightly used a blue marking pencil on my weekend project and now need to remove the markings. Do I spritz it with water and rub it out? Just spritz it? I don't have directions on the pencils since it was a present and were not in a wrapping.

Thanks in advance.

you can spritz or wipe with wet cloth, sometimes it will show again when dry, just do it again and it should be all gone

Since I don't know what brand pencil you're using, I hesitate to say. But...the one I have simply says "Water Eraseable Fabric Marking Pen". I can usually lightly spritz and it disappears. Sometimes the color returns and I find that more water will remove it. It seems to require enough to really wet it and then the color will disappear permanently. Be sure to not iron it until all the color is removed or you may have to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy
    you can spritz or wipe with wet cloth, sometimes it will show again when dry, just do it again and it should be all gone
    Exactly what I do.

add a touch of vinegar to the spray water to make sure it stays away. Don't heat set it before you spray to remove it.

LindaNan

That sounds good to me. It is hard when there are no directions.

I sprayed it last night (forgot to add the vinegar) and it appears to have disappeared. Thought I'd spray it again today just as a precaution.