Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need help...

Need help...

I've started making baby quilts, receiving blankets, etc. to sell (we'll see if they actually DO sell!). With each one, I try to make a little stuffed something to go with it. When I try to use a point and then stuff it, it never comes out right. Think of legs with an inverted V at the crotch; when I sew the seam then stuff, it is bunched up. Don't know if I'm stuffing too much or is there a "trick" to sewing the V seam in this instance. Hope you understand this. I know there is a way to do it but need help. Thank you all so much.

Blog Entries
    When you sew the seam take a couple of stitches at the top of the V horizontally (when you do this the V is not a point). Then make a couple of clips close to the stitching to allow the seam to bend at the V. Also don't make the seams too wide maybe about 1/4 inch at V.
    Joyce

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joyce888 View Post
    When you sew the seam take a couple of stitches at the top of the V horizontally (when you do this the V is not a point). Then make a couple of clips close to the stitching to allow the seam to bend at the V. Also don't make the seams too wide maybe about 1/4 inch at V.
    Yes, this is what I was going to say. You need to have those little snips to let it bend. Try it and let us know.
    Judy

Oh, of course! Thank you both, Judy and Joyce.
    Sometimes my brain needs jogging.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    also be aware of the CPSIA laws regarding selling things intended for children's use!

Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
    also be aware of the CPSIA laws regarding selling things intended for children's use!
    I'm just making little stuffing things made from leftovers from the quilts/receiving blankets. For instance, I made a ladybug from minky and stuffed it with store-bought polyester fibers since the blanket I made had flowers and ladybugs on it. No metals, buttons to come off, etc.
    Do you forsee any problems with that? Am I opening myself up for ruin?