Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help to try fix my mess!

I was making ababy quilt with embroideried designs in the blocks.It was really sweet.Then I added the border.Then since I can't FMQ I tried machine embroidering a baby rattle quilt design.It looked really cute.Then I got one to far over and it went outside the border.Then I got that ripped out, and did another rattle and it was turned the wrong way went to rip it out and ripped the fabric front and back BIG holes!

SOOO I was trying to figure out how to fix it.So I cut the borders off.The blocks were already quilted but now I have no borders.How will I get the batting and backing and borders all on again?

I was thinking I could piece the batting and backing and just add the border will this work?

Is this clear as mud :lol:

Blog Entries
    So sorry for your struggles with your quilt. I think it will work just fine.

I am a very "visual" person so perhaps you could post pix. My first thoughts running in same direction for fix.

GOOD LUCK. I know you will fix/finish this and it will be beautiful.

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Wow, sorry for the mess...I feel for you.. I don't see a reason why you cant Quilt as you go..

or maybe an applique over the holes....?

Quote Originally Posted by EllijaysUFOqueen
    I am a very "visual" person so perhaps you could post pix. My first thoughts running in same direction for fix.

GOOD LUCK. I know you will fix/finish this and it will be beautiful.
    OHHH How I wish I could post photos but haven't any way to do so.

Don't know how to help but I know others out here will have answers....hope it works out for you

Quote Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
    Wow, sorry for the mess...I feel for you.. I don't see a reason why you cant Quilt as you go..

or maybe an applique over the holes....?
    I thought of that but it wouldn't look right. Thanks for the ideas. I'll come up with something if I have to take the whole thing apart :lol: I just wasn't wasn't sure if it was even feasible. :lol:

I think you could use a "quilt as you go" method to add borders made up of top, batting and backing. There are several books and methods to do this on Amazon. They basically sew a border and batting to the quilt to either front or back, then add the other border layer by making a flat fold or whip stitched seam.
    Or if you have access to the edge of the quilt batting, use a fusable wide cloth tape to attach additional batting. Then sew borders on top and bottom.
    It might be a little awkward or labor intensive, but it can be done. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Mary
    I think you could use a "quilt as you go" method to add borders made up of top, batting and backing. There are several books and methods to do this on Amazon. They basically sew a border and batting to the quilt to either front or back, then add the other border layer by making a flat fold or whip stitched seam.
    Or if you have access to the edge of the quilt batting, use a fusable wide cloth tape to attach additional batting. Then sew borders on top and bottom.
    It might be a little awkward or labor intensive, but it can be done. Good luck.
    Well the baby quilt is already quilted but the borders and backing.I cut them off so the rest of the blanket is already quilted.There is about 2 in of fabric that isn't quilted so I am thinking it work to just piece the border batting and backing. Wish me luck :thumbup:

if she only took off borders why not add new ones to front and make four borders around a panel on the back. She can always zig zag cut the batting then sew with a zig zag... I would think it would look nice and not a total loss taking it all apart. lots of people make a patch work on back of quilts as well. Good luck what ever you chose? :)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast