Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
need help with two inch squares >

need help with two inch squares

need help with two inch squares

Old 01-20-2014, 04:54 AM

Pellon has this very light weight fusable grid and I have used it several times for single quilt blocks or small projects. I very much like it; it makes a tedious process easy. The piece is slight stiffer than without the fusable, but not problematic for quilting. After sewing the rows, I very carefully cut off just a sliver of the folded seam at its edge. Then press all row seams one direction and proceed to sew the seams for columns. After those are finished I also cut a sliver off the edge of the seams and press all column seams one direction. Attached are two doll quilts made using this product. For the first one I made HSTs and fused them to the grid. [ATTACH=CONFIG]457553[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]457554[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails decdollquilt.jpg   jandollquilt1.jpg  
Old 01-20-2014, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Charming View Post
You can get that from Quiltsmart. They carry a lot of patterns using this method. Here is the link to the 2" interfacing
http://www.quiltsmart.com/khxc/index...erfacing_water
I have bought most all they have on offer and I can say the product was wonderful to use. I have made baby q's with the grid and 2" square method and the little phone bags were great too. I made a whole slew of these for a fundraiser silent auction and they were snapped up right away. Good people to deal with and good product on offer. Big thumbs up for them.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:49 PM

I also did a watercolor quilt with the fusible interfacing. It came out okay, but it gummed up my machine. Since then I haven't tried another.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:03 PM

I've done a few. i really enjoyed them. I have the books Dina Pappas published. Not sure if they are still available. her instructions are easy to follow.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:07 AM

I made a quilt using that method and it turned out quite well