Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Input, Please?

The first one totally rocks. It really shows off the fabric. I felt in the second one that the background was competing with the block and that the green was to heavy with the bright feel of the the block. Just me.

Do you have a preference?

What a nice job! I like the first too. It's really charming.

I like the third one best .
    shirleyt

I think the first works because you don't have a deep blue in the plate. The 2nd two kind of pull in the pieces that are similar colors and wash them out. I think you'd get the same thing with white or red since those are predominant in your plate. The background in the first is a bit busy, but the color is perfect. Perhaps you could find a more tone on tone deep blue?

Beautiful plate BTW!!

Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by HapaMom
    Thank you so much! I see what you're saying and agree that the 1st one is the best of the three. For some reason, it seemed "too busy" at first but now it seems to be just right. However, what about a white print similar or would it make the Plate disappear? (sorry, don't have any on hand) Or red?
    You were posting as I was still composing, hee hee.

I think white would wash it out and red would overpower it as you've used it in the plate already. I think that's why the dark blue seems to work so well. It's not a dominate color in the fabs you chose but it picks up from the fab you did use and incorporates just the right amount of red.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnesewta
    They all look nice, but, I think #2 with white sashing would be really pretty. Any of them will make Grandma proud to have taught you the art of quilting. Thanks for sharing.
    Gosh, choked me up, thank you for that *HUGS*

Blog Entries
    The first one. Every thing pops in that one. Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by athenagwis
    I think the first works because you don't have a deep blue in the plate. The 2nd two kind of pull in the pieces that are similar colors and wash them out. I think you'd get the same thing with white or red since those are predominant in your plate. The background in the first is a bit busy, but the color is perfect. Perhaps you could find a more tone on tone deep blue?

Beautiful plate BTW!!

Rachel
    Just got me laughing all over seeing what we posted and how close it was. :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by quiltluvr
    The first one totally rocks. It really shows off the fabric. I felt in the second one that the background was competing with the block and that the green was to heavy with the bright feel of the the block. Just me.

Do you have a preference?
    Like you I had the same feelings, the bright takes away from the Plate and makes the blue plates disappear and the green seems too dark I do prefer the dark blue but don't want to make a choice that ends up being in poor taste! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by lots2do
    What a nice job! I like the first too. It's really charming.
    Thank you SO much! When it comes to quilts, my preference is all about the charm, GOSH! I am SO addicted! :lol: I hope to one day be a "Master Quilter" like most of you, here. :)

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast