Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Need recommendations >
  • Need recommendations

• Need recommendations

Old 04-06-2016, 07:24 PM

I have a Bernina 440 and I also buy the correct Bernina feet when I need one. Sticker price is high but I believe the original ones work better for this machine. The price on the box was $148 5 years ago but it was with the machine when I bought it.
    Old 04-06-2016, 07:59 PM

If you sign up with the Bernina sight you'll get notices of the monthly special. It's usually 25% off a specific foot.
    Old 04-06-2016, 11:53 PM

I have a Bernina 830 record and this is a picture of the Bernina walking foot that I use with it. It's the old style (no notch at the back) and you put it on by sliding it on sideways and then turning forward (the space is tight). You will get them on eBay, there's a link here to one that sold recently. Also I've included a picture of the part number which is written on the back. For a stitch in the ditch foot your could use foot number 016, the blind stitch foot, that should have come with the accessory box for your machine. If not, they are available on eBay. Can't help you with the quarter inch foot as I don't think Bernina made one for that model and I don't know if the new versions will fit on the old style machine. It's something I plan to check out soon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]547253[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]547254[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]547255[/ATTACH]

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BERNINA-WA...vip=true&rt=nc
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.png  
    Old 04-07-2016, 05:03 AM

Once a year Bernina does 25% off the feet. I bought a walking foot for $149 sale price ��and the 1/4" for $42. You just have to save and plan on the sale. Buy one at a time. I would never want to mess up my machine with an ill fitting foot. I have a 1984 Bernina 930 Record.
    Old 04-26-2016, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Fizzle
    Once a year Bernina does 25% off the feet. I bought a walking foot for $149 sale price ��and the 1/4" for $42. You just have to save and plan on the sale. Buy one at a time. I would never want to mess up my machine with an ill fitting foot. I have a 1984 Bernina 930 Record.
    I did purchase a Walking Foot with the 3 sole plates using a 25% coupon. I am a very happy camper!! Now for a 1/4" foot!
    Old 04-26-2016, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by roisinom
    I have a Bernina 830 record and this is a picture of the Bernina walking foot that I use with it. It's the old style (no notch at the back) and you put it on by sliding it on sideways and then turning forward (the space is tight). You will get them on eBay, there's a link here to one that sold recently. Also I've included a picture of the part number which is written on the back. For a stitch in the ditch foot your could use foot number 016, the blind stitch foot, that should have come with the accessory box for your machine. If not, they are available on eBay. Can't help you with the quarter inch foot as I don't think Bernina made one for that model and I don't know if the new versions will fit on the old style machine. It's something I plan to check out soon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]547253[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]547254[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]547255[/ATTACH]

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BERNINA-WA...vip=true&rt=nc
    I did see a vintage Walking foot on Ebay, they are handsome things compared to the newer models, which I did purchase.
    Old 04-30-2016, 05:13 PM

You need REAL Bernina feet for a Bernina machine. #37 is 1/4" without a guide. #57 is same foot with guide bar on the right side. The OS (old style) feet are called exactly that: old style. The walking foot is awesome, with interchangeable soles for open toe & stitch in the ditch. Again "old style" MSRP is close to $200 & worth every penny
    Old 05-01-2016, 04:39 AM

I bought an Alphasew walking foot for my Bernina 830 which fit perfectly (about $50) which was one third of the price of the Bernina one. It fit well and worked for about 6 months before breaking. They replaced it and the second one did the same thing. I'd look for an original Bernina foot.