Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need your help. Please

I am wanting to make some 12" pinwheels using this method (http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-57124-1.htm ) but don't know what size to start out with. Can you help?

Thanks in advance. :)

i get error when trying to open sorry

Oh, sorry. Well it is the one where you take your 2 blocks and sew all the way around then cut 2 times and open it up and create Pinwheels. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-57124-1.htm

I think if you use 9-1/4" squares, they'll cut down to 6-1/2" and when you put the four together into a pinwheel, they should make a 12-1/2" block. Use some scraps and try it out first. I was using my proportional scale to figure it out.

I have got to try this method for half square triangles. Genius! Show us what you make!

Quote Originally Posted by Chele
    I think if you use 9-1/4" squares, they'll cut down to 6-1/2" and when you put the four together into a pinwheel, they should make a 12-1/2" block. Use some scraps and try it out first. I was using my proportional scale to figure it out.

I have got to try this method for half square triangles. Genius! Show us what you make!
    Thanks so much Chele! I am working on it right now. I'll post when I'm done!! :)

I may have done something wrong.....it came out to be 11 1/2" but it looks awesome! I'm thinking next time I'll try 9 1/2" and see how that works out. Thanks so much for your help. I love this! Very easy!!

Pinwheel using Easiest Pinwheel pattern
    Name:  Attachment-150891.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  41.9 KB

I tried the 9 1/2" and it was too short too. So then I did 9 3/4" with about an 1/8" seam allowance and it made it too big, so I think the 9 3/4" to start out with will be fine. :)