Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Needing ideas...

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by annmarie
    How about trying the BOM's - past & fututre? Would give you experience in a variety of blocks with lots of help from everyone online. :wink:
    That is a great idea annmarie. You will got lots of inspiration that way also, and get to seem some of the blocks made by others.

  2. #12
    Super Member Flying_V_Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,722
    Quote Originally Posted by danna738
    Did you happen to get pictures? How did your friend react when you gave it to him? I want details! :lol:
    Sorry, no pictures. No batteries for the digital. ...he hasn't gotten it yet. I'm not sure if he ever will. *sigh* Its a long story and I really don't want to talk about it. But I can tell you I feel like I've wasted the last three months on this quilt. :(

    Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    don't worry. your other toe is safe.

    for now

    8) :mrgreen: 8)
    His other toe?!

    Quote Originally Posted by ButtercreamCakeArtist
    You could start on some Christmas gifts.
    Quilt Mini minis? I did some of those about 12 x 12 (inches).
    I've never heard of quilt minis before...what are they exactly?

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
    Quote Originally Posted by danna738
    Did you happen to get pictures? How did your friend react when you gave it to him? I want details! :lol:
    Sorry, no pictures. No batteries for the digital. ...he hasn't gotten it yet. I'm not sure if he ever will. *sigh* Its a long story and I really don't want to talk about it. But I can tell you I feel like I've wasted the last three months on this quilt. :(

    Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    don't worry. your other toe is safe.

    for now

    8) :mrgreen: 8)
    His other toe?!

    Quote Originally Posted by ButtercreamCakeArtist
    You could start on some Christmas gifts.
    Quilt Mini minis? I did some of those about 12 x 12 (inches).
    I've never heard of quilt minis before...what are they exactly?

    I am sorry that things didn't turn out the way that you wanted. You didn't waste 3 months because you have something wonderful to show how you invested your time. You are rewarded by the friendships you have made here and still have the quilt to keep for yourself. Sounds like a win/win situation to me!

  4. #14
    bj9patch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NY, NY
    Posts
    113
    FVG,
    I agree with all the comments here. Don't let the situation get you down. It's his loss.

    Not only do you have a finished project, you have learned so much while making it. And that is something no one can take from you.

    Enjoy your quilt.

    Barbara/NYC

  5. #15
    live2teach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Good Ole' West Virginia
    Posts
    1,639
    FVG,

    Quilt mini-minis are like little wall-hangings. Miranda (Buttercream) made me some of these for my birthday. She made 3 different onese, Friend, Sister and Teacher and embroidered a little picture under each one. I personally loved these. But of course, to me anything hand made from the heart is worth 100 times more than something that was bought. Here is the link to the pictures of all

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/770.page

  6. #16
    bj9patch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NY, NY
    Posts
    113
    FVG,

    Try this pattern

    http://quilting.about.com/od/quiltblocklotto/ss/attic_windows.htm[/url]

    You can use different fabrics, or the same. Here is a picture of one I did.

    Barbara/NYC
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #17
    Super Member Flying_V_Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,722
    Quote Originally Posted by danna738
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
    Quote Originally Posted by danna738
    Did you happen to get pictures? How did your friend react when you gave it to him? I want details! :lol:
    Sorry, no pictures. No batteries for the digital. ...he hasn't gotten it yet. I'm not sure if he ever will. *sigh* Its a long story and I really don't want to talk about it. But I can tell you I feel like I've wasted the last three months on this quilt. :(

    Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    don't worry. your other toe is safe.

    for now

    8) :mrgreen: 8)
    His other toe?!

    Quote Originally Posted by ButtercreamCakeArtist
    You could start on some Christmas gifts.
    Quilt Mini minis? I did some of those about 12 x 12 (inches).
    I've never heard of quilt minis before...what are they exactly?

    I am sorry that things didn't turn out the way that you wanted. You didn't waste 3 months because you have something wonderful to show how you invested your time. You are rewarded by the friendships you have made here and still have the quilt to keep for yourself. Sounds like a win/win situation to me!
    Yeah, but I still don't feel any better. I made this quilt for him, not for me or anyone else. I probably wouldn't have worked as hard as I did on it if it wasn't going to him. So I don't feel any better knowing I worked so hard on this quilt only for the friendship to go array before he can even see the finished quilt

  8. #18
    Senior Member k_jupiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bay area CA
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess

    Yeah, but I still don't feel any better. I made this quilt for him, not for me or anyone else. I probably wouldn't have worked as hard as I did on it if it wasn't going to him. So I don't feel any better knowing I worked so hard on this quilt only for the friendship to go array before he can even see the finished quilt
    Plan the wake for the friendship, put the quilt in a cedar chest and don't look at it again for a very long time. The pain will fade, the association will slowly disappear. The next time you look at it, your life will be onto a different phase, your love will be for someone who deserves you. What will remain is the saddness of lessons learned, the wist for things that might have been, and the joy of still having the product of your two hands. Hopefully you will feel at peace.

    tim in san jose

  9. #19
    Super Member Flying_V_Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,722
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess

    Yeah, but I still don't feel any better. I made this quilt for him, not for me or anyone else. I probably wouldn't have worked as hard as I did on it if it wasn't going to him. So I don't feel any better knowing I worked so hard on this quilt only for the friendship to go array before he can even see the finished quilt
    Plan the wake for the friendship, put the quilt in a cedar chest and don't look at it again for a very long time. The pain will fade, the association will slowly disappear. The next time you look at it, your life will be onto a different phase, your love will be for someone who deserves you. What will remain is the saddness of lessons learned, the wist for things that might have been, and the joy of still having the product of your two hands. Hopefully you will feel at peace.

    tim in san jose
    Unfortunatly, like a lot of people loosing a loved one, I just can't bring myself to bury this. Besides, I'm too poor to own a cedar chest. Hell, I don't even have a dresser to put my folded clothes in.

  10. #20
    Super Member Flying_V_Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,722
    Quote Originally Posted by bj9patch
    FVG,

    Try this pattern

    http://quilting.about.com/od/quiltblocklotto/ss/attic_windows.htm[/url]

    You can use different fabrics, or the same. Here is a picture of one I did.

    Barbara/NYC
    I've never been fond of the Window in the Attic pattern. I mean, I don't loathe it with a passion, but it just doesn't appeal to me. Sorry. Plus, those mitered corners kind of scare me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.