View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Originally Posted by k_jupiter
Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess

Yeah, but I still don't feel any better. I made this quilt for him, not for me or anyone else. I probably wouldn't have worked as hard as I did on it if it wasn't going to him. So I don't feel any better knowing I worked so hard on this quilt only for the friendship to go array before he can even see the finished quilt
Plan the wake for the friendship, put the quilt in a cedar chest and don't look at it again for a very long time. The pain will fade, the association will slowly disappear. The next time you look at it, your life will be onto a different phase, your love will be for someone who deserves you. What will remain is the saddness of lessons learned, the wist for things that might have been, and the joy of still having the product of your two hands. Hopefully you will feel at peace.

tim in san jose
Unfortunatly, like a lot of people loosing a loved one, I just can't bring myself to bury this. Besides, I'm too poor to own a cedar chest. Hell, I don't even have a dresser to put my folded clothes in.