Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Fabric, Any Suggestions? >

New Fabric, Any Suggestions?

New Fabric, Any Suggestions?

Old 08-28-2013, 11:02 AM

Default New Fabric, Any Suggestions?

Yesterday at Joann's, I got 4 yards (what was left on bolt) of this beautiful fabric. It called to me, so I rescued it. Here's a link to the fabric. http://www.joann.com/keepsake-calico...sley/prd10380/ The actual fabric is quite a bit lighter, than my monitor shows this picture to be.

Now I'm wondering what I should do with it. Possibly a queen-sized quilt . . . or a twin-sized sofa quilt and something else . . . maybe some darling baby quilts. Problem is, I can't do it all, with only 4 yards! The main color is a sort of dusty mauve-pink, with lighter pink, touches of maroon, sage, and white. I'd want to complement it with sage and maroon, with maybe a bit of white.

I have a few projects ahead of this one but thought it'd be fun, to share the "dreaming/planning" phase, with my fellow-quilters. Question - when you see this fabric, which quilt design pops into your head? Ideas?
Old 08-28-2013, 11:19 AM

I bought a similar paisley quite awhile ago. I used it in a "Grandmother's fan", used bright white as a background and the fan blades consisted of mauves and plums. It's on my bed now and consider it my summer quilt.

Nice to see you posting regularly again Neesie.

Last edited by SouthPStitches; 08-28-2013 at 11:20 AM. Reason: additional thoughts
Old 08-28-2013, 11:29 AM
Power Poster

I have about a yard of that and another piece with lavender as the main color. I love paisleys, can't think of what I will do with them. I'm working with scraps now and may eventually put them in a scrappy or controlled scrappy. With my small pieces I will be able to scatter it.
I like your color choices, no idea which pattern to use.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches View Post
I bought a similar paisley quite awhile ago. I used it in a "Grandmother's fan", used bright white as a background and the fan blades consisted of mauves and plums. It's on my bed now and consider it my summer quilt.

Sounds lovely! Picture?

Nice to see you posting regularly again Neesie.
Awww, thanks!
Old 08-28-2013, 11:45 AM
Power Poster

How about a kaleidoscope on white?!
Old 08-28-2013, 11:51 AM

How about Warm Wishes?

Beautiful fabric.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
I have about a yard of that and another piece with lavender as the main color. I love paisleys, can't think of what I will do with them. I'm working with scraps now and may eventually put them in a scrappy or controlled scrappy. With my small pieces I will be able to scatter it.
I like your color choices, no idea which pattern to use.
Oh, Joann's had the lavender and it was really pretty, too! After I left the store, I kept wondering if I should have bought some of it, as well.

I was disappointed in Joann's selection, as a whole, but still could have spent a fortune, on the few I did like. Unfortunately, I didn't find the fabric, for which I made the trip. Found another which might work but will have to put it with the others and see how they play together.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:52 PM

Oh my gosh that would go perfect in my livingroom!! Sage green couch and chair and half, mauve rocker recliner, and mauve, sage and cream floral love seat!! Beautiful fabric!!
Old 08-28-2013, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer View Post
Oh my gosh that would go perfect in my livingroom!! Sage green couch and chair and half, mauve rocker recliner, and mauve, sage and cream floral love seat!! Beautiful fabric!!
Oh, I love it! QUICK!!! Send me your living room!
Old 08-28-2013, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Oh, I love it! QUICK!!! Send me your living room!
LOL Great minds think alike!!