Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: New Pellon Batting at Joanns

  1. #1
    Super Member DebsShelties's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,859
    Blog Entries
    1
    Went to Joanns today, the packaged batting is on sale 40% off. I picked up 2 queen size of the new Pellon to try it out (40% off of $30 rounded up was $18 for a queen size). It looks like the Warm and Natural, only it's almost 100% cotton not a cotton/poly blend like the Warm and Natural.
    Had the flyer that had tons of coupons, every item I got today had the 40% off, thread, a book, the batting.

  2. #2
    Super Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,055
    What do you mean when you say "almost 100% cotton"? Pellon's Legacy battings come in the following blends:
    80/20 Blend (80% cotton, 20% wool)
    Bamboo Blend (50% bamboo, 50% cotton)
    Natural Cotton
    Natural Cotton with scrim (this is the same as W&N)
    Polyester
    Soy Blend (50% soy, 50% cotton)
    White Cotton
    Wool

    Warm & Natural isn't really a blend of cotton and poly, it's only the scrim that is poly, not the batting itself.

  3. #3
    Super Member DebsShelties's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,859
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider
    What do you mean when you say "almost 100% cotton"? Pellon's Legacy battings come in the following blends:
    80/20 Blend (80% cotton, 20% wool)
    Bamboo Blend (50% bamboo, 50% cotton)
    Natural Cotton
    Natural Cotton with scrim (this is the same as W&N)
    Polyester
    Soy Blend (50% soy, 50% cotton)
    White Cotton
    Wool

    Warm & Natural isn't really a blend of cotton and poly, it's only the scrim that is poly, not the batting itself.
    On the back label it says:
    All New Material - 100% cotton (scrim binder of 100% polypropylene) less than 1%

    at the bottom it says: This product contains a minimum of 15% cotton.

    Color is cream - off white, no ticking like the Warm and Natural has, also it's $5 cheaper - at least for the queen size.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Enid, OK
    Posts
    8,930
    Blog Entries
    1
    I bought the legacy batting a year ago when they first brought it out...was not happy with it at all...goes limp after the first washing and seems skimpy..might be good for baby quilts or charity work, but not for my better stuff!

  5. #5
    Super Member DebsShelties's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,859
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    I bought the legacy batting a year ago when they first brought it out...was not happy with it at all...goes limp after the first washing and seems skimpy..might be good for baby quilts or charity work, but not for my better stuff!
    This is the first I have seen of this type of batting at Joanns where I live. I just want to try it out and see how I like it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    374
    Just used it for a quilt. Held the pattern beautifully. Now I wonder how it's going to hold up. It's for guild's quilt bingo and I hesitate to give an inferior product. Thought Pellon had a good name?

  7. #7
    Senior Member LLWinston44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    N California
    Posts
    891
    Quote Originally Posted by mandyk
    Just used it for a quilt. Held the pattern beautifully. Now I wonder how it's going to hold up. It's for guild's quilt bingo and I hesitate to give an inferior product. Thought Pellon had a good name?
    I think it's all relative what people think about what they use. I think you'll be fine!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.