Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Pfaff Powerquilter 16 Issues >

New Pfaff Powerquilter 16 Issues

New Pfaff Powerquilter 16 Issues

Old 08-19-2014, 09:58 AM

Hi, did you buy this at a quilt show? If so was it a demo model? Although the price you paid should be for a new model, if it was a demo did they include extras? If not I'd get on the phone right away and demand a replacement, or if you can live with the paint chips a hefty discount.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by notmorecraft View Post
Hi, did you buy this at a quilt show? If so was it a demo model? Although the price you paid should be for a new model, if it was a demo did they include extras? If not I'd get on the phone right away and demand a replacement, or if you can live with the paint chips a hefty discount.

Yes.... I did buy it at the FOQ, but I went to the Pfaff dealer because I did not want a demo model. Another shop - The Cotton Patch - we're selling ex demo models of the Sweet Sixteens, but DH said that he would prefer that I not buy a demo model......!

I have aver spoken to the shop today and sent pictures and I am waiting for them to get back to me..... DH has said we should give them until Thursday to call us back and if they don't contact us by then he will call them, and if they don't send out a new machine, he has said he will contact our credit card company.

I am so upset by this it has tarnished the pleasure I felt when I bought the machine. The dealer has told me to carry on using it, but I don't want to.... I want my machine to be perfect and I want to practice on my forever machine!

Oh well, I will let you all know how things go!

Thank you all for your support..... I felt as if I was over reacting, but it's nice to know you all would feel the same.

Hugs

Caroline
Old 08-19-2014, 03:46 PM

I agree this is not acceptable. Your photos are great support for them to replace it.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:30 AM

This is one of the reasons my husband always makes me buy large items with a VISA card. Since we pay off the balance every month it doesn't matter and we have assurance of returning unwanted item.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:26 AM

Gosh - I would be ABSOLUTELY furious - and certainly wouldn't want to use it before the problem is sorted out.
It should be in pristine condition !!
Old 08-20-2014, 04:41 AM

It is not 'complaining.' It is expecting, deserving, and requiring full value for your money. If I were the dealer, I'd sure want to know about this. It's not right. The dealer needs to make it right. Keep us posted.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:32 AM

I have the Tiara version-made by same company, it arrived perfect-no chipped paint, yes they should replace your machine, replace, not just repaint, something went wrong to have it look like that.
Maire
Old 08-20-2014, 07:25 AM

Please do not accept this machine as it is now. I know these machines are very, very expensive and should never be handled in such a way as to produce this type of chipping. This is not acceptable. If you aren't up to it, please find someone who can advocate for you. Please, let us know the outcome. Best of luck to you in getting what you paid for.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:47 AM

Certainly doesn't look like a new machine with those edges without paint--almost looks rusty and in odd places. I would complain.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:41 AM
Power Poster

If this is a new machine, I would certainly call the dealer and voice a complaint, maybe a replacement machine or a discount on the price. The pictures show more than just a little pain off.