Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Question - >

New Question -

New Question -

Old 01-04-2012, 03:31 PM

Default New Question -

Recently we discussed what gadgets we found the most useful. Great thread. How about this one - what gadget are you sorry you bought? I can't say I have too many of those, but I did by a fabu-motion without stitch regulator when I was having a lot of trouble learning to free motion. What I really needed was practice and this now takes up space in my closet.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Maggieloe View Post
Recently we discussed what gadgets we found the most useful. Great thread. How about this one - what gadget are you sorry you bought? I can't say I have too many of those, but I did by a fabu-motion without stitch regulator when I was having a lot of trouble learning to free motion. What I really needed was practice and this now takes up space in my closet.
I don't buy too many gadgets and can't think of any I regret----------except maybe the rotary blade sharpener. Doesn't work too well.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:42 PM

About a million thimbles. Finally found ONE I can tolerate. Maybe I'll start a collection
Old 01-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Power Poster

I bought a pink mini iron. It looked cute and I thought it would be great for workshops but it does not get hot enough. As of yet I have not found a use for it and it's in the pile for the second hand shop.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:43 PM

@ GrannieAnnie: I'm in SW Indiana too! I'm in Mt. Vernon, where are you?
Old 01-04-2012, 04:22 PM

I would have to say that the worst purchase I've made towards sewing/quilting would be the brother cs6000i sewing machine. Had I known that it would only last a couple years, it would never have made it into my cart at WalMart (not that Walmart had anything to do with the machine's cheap construction). I've been educated and since purchased a Janome 6600 and am more than happy with her.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:30 PM

My MegaQuilter w/12' frame. The store I bought it from (an hr away) said that I could come back for free lessons but they were always canceled at the last minute. They finally sent me a DVD (NOT what I wanted, not what I was promised) but by then I was so frustrated with them and the quilter that I haven't touched it in 3 yrs. I may get to it sometime or another but I've never gone back to that store. Now I only shop at a store where I know that they have good service and operate with honesty.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:40 PM

A needle threader, and a rotery cutter blade sharpener. Both baught at Joann's with coupons, neither one works. even took them back and asked how to work them even the girles there couldn't get them to work, no needles threaded and still dull blades.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:52 PM

Blade sharpener. I don't think it sharpens at all!
Old 01-04-2012, 05:33 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

i agree with the blade sharpener.. its horrible.. a lot seam rippers were a waste of money but you need to try them all before you can find the perfect one..