Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: new quilt room need ideas

Hi everyone! I am moving and in my new place, my quilt room will be about 20x12. I would love all the input I can get to design this room. I have a tin lizzy and 2 machines that will need to go in here plus iron stand and I have a cutting table. Any ideas are much appreicated! Thanks so much!

I found putting my cutting/office table skinny end to middle wall , I'm able to use both sides !! Hope that helps and you can do this ! Enjoy!

Definitely arrange so you can get to both sides of the cutting and ironing surface. Mine aren't in the middle of my room but about 3 feet from the corner. Shelves are a must and you can add more as you go along. I know you will get lots of hints and end up with an ideal sewing room.

Check out the Virtual Topics section. There's one going for sewing rooms and organizational ideas. Last time I looked through it, there were lots of pictures too. Very inspirational. Good luck and have fun with your new space!

Thank you so much for the info. :) The other thing is to carpet or not....What are you thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Red
    Thank you so much for the info. :) The other thing is to carpet or not....What are you thoughts?
    I say no to carpet. I have a laminate floor; easy to find pins when they drop, easy to sweep with a swiffer duster. You can use rubber mats where you will be standing. You need lots of storage. Here is a pic of my basement sewing studio with the storage and cutting tables.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    All I can say is, "I am soooooo jealous!!"

BMP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tjradj
    All I can say is, "I am soooooo jealous!!"
    Me Too !!!!!

Blog Entries
    I'm just plain jealous! :-D

Your studio is just too wonderful for words. So spacious and so neat! Makes me want to knock down a wall and enlarge my little sewing area. My room is about 9 x 10 and it is so packed full you wouldn't believe. Went to Joann's today and found batting 50% off. Came home with nothing. No space to put anything. Does anybody know what an empty feeling that is?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast