Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Quilter

Super Member fleurdelisquilts.com's Avatar
    I should tell you that I did this while working on a log cabin quilt in queen size. It took me a long time but eventually I finished the quilt and could stitch a perfect 1/4 inch seam! I'm not much for practicing just for the sake of practicing. I want a product!

I thought I had squared off. I am making hotpads which I thought were so easy when I used another pattern. I will continue to try and hopefully I will get the hang of it. Thanks for the comments. They help.

I need to find a quilting class that will help me address my concerns. I am not doing something right or my project would be square. I will continue trying. I may go back to my original pattern I learned to do and after the holidays practice when I am not in a rush to get my XMas treasures done.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL.

Now that the Thanksgiving Holiday is over, I need to concentrate on my quilting projects again. After having so much difficulty with my first project, I am going to start an easier pattern and take my time measuring, I have decided on some smaller projects like X-Mas Coasters. I may try a Holiday runner with the Jelly rolls and squares and triangles. Wish me luck.

Welcome from Virginia,,it warms my heart to see all the help you are getting...good luck with your with your next project.

Thank you Etta. I want my projects to be my pride and joy. I am finding when I get frustrated with a missed measurement, I walk away for a few minutes and come back to it. My little mistakes, I know are beginners mistakes. Seam ripper is very close by and I use it a lot. Happy Holidays.

Amma, I tried that yesterday and it works. Slow is best. I have so many ideas and so little time. Christmas is so close and I have a lot to accomplish. Enjoy this holiday season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2