Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Quilter >

New Quilter

New Quilter

Old 11-23-2010, 11:44 AM

I should tell you that I did this while working on a log cabin quilt in queen size. It took me a long time but eventually I finished the quilt and could stitch a perfect 1/4 inch seam! I'm not much for practicing just for the sake of practicing. I want a product!
Old 11-25-2010, 08:05 AM

I thought I had squared off. I am making hotpads which I thought were so easy when I used another pattern. I will continue to try and hopefully I will get the hang of it. Thanks for the comments. They help.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:18 AM

I need to find a quilting class that will help me address my concerns. I am not doing something right or my project would be square. I will continue trying. I may go back to my original pattern I learned to do and after the holidays practice when I am not in a rush to get my XMas treasures done.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:30 AM

Now that the Thanksgiving Holiday is over, I need to concentrate on my quilting projects again. After having so much difficulty with my first project, I am going to start an easier pattern and take my time measuring, I have decided on some smaller projects like X-Mas Coasters. I may try a Holiday runner with the Jelly rolls and squares and triangles. Wish me luck.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:33 AM

Welcome from Virginia,,it warms my heart to see all the help you are getting...good luck with your with your next project.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:57 AM

Thank you Etta. I want my projects to be my pride and joy. I am finding when I get frustrated with a missed measurement, I walk away for a few minutes and come back to it. My little mistakes, I know are beginners mistakes. Seam ripper is very close by and I use it a lot. Happy Holidays.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:01 AM

Amma, I tried that yesterday and it works. Slow is best. I have so many ideas and so little time. Christmas is so close and I have a lot to accomplish. Enjoy this holiday season.