Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New quilting friend FOUND

Akron, Ohio - Atlanta, GA - Mannheim Germany
    I am so excited. I went out to eat near hubby's job and saw the German word for "sewing stuff" store (stoffe) and decided to go in and I was pleasantly surprised. It is a fabric discount store! I brought some muslin because I honestly don't need anything else but I struck up a conversation with an American lady and she is new to quilting. As a matter of fact she went to her first meeting two days ago. She was buying stuff for a costume for her oh so cute three year old and I was just looking for a reason to spend some euro. Anywho...we exchanged numbers and she even had a contact to help us find a house in the area. There are several women that quilt together in their houses and I am going to a meeting as soon as she calls me back. I am so happy! It has been a good day.

I'm so happy for you. Always nice to find new friends expecially when you are so far away from "home".

np3
    Blog Entries
    What fun! Glad you found her.

quilting friends are a Thread to happiness

:) I am a military wife and I found that when we were stationed abroad my quilting gave me an excellent way to meet others who were far from home too!

Glad you found someone and I hope you enjoy your stay in Germany!

ah yes, our quilting friends keep us in stitches!
    way ta go! good for you
    katz

Tickled Pink and "sew" happy for you :!:
    :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

The joy in finding a new friend is tops on my list, enjoy and share your interest in quilting. I have made several new friends from the quilting board. One I met in Madison at the quilt expo, another one in California and I exchange emails every day and now I have a new one in Australia. We all share our love of quilting and know the frienships you make there are for a lifetime.

Carol J.

Blog Entries
    That's a really great thing for both of you! And to meet others with the same interest will be special!

Quote Originally Posted by Sienna's GiGi
    I am so excited. I went out to eat near hubby's job and saw the German word for "sewing stuff" store (stoffe) and decided to go in and I was pleasantly surprised. It is a fabric discount store! I brought some muslin because I honestly don't need anything else but I struck up a conversation with an American lady and she is new to quilting. As a matter of fact she went to her first meeting two days ago. She was buying stuff for a costume for her oh so cute three year old and I was just looking for a reason to spend some euro. Anywho...we exchanged numbers and she even had a contact to help us find a house in the area. There are several women that quilt together in their houses and I am going to a meeting as soon as she calls me back. I am so happy! It has been a good day.
    Wonderful 4 you!!! glad you will have friends to sew with.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast