Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Newbie Bookself/Bookcase  quilt >

Newbie Bookself/Bookcase quilt

Newbie Bookself/Bookcase quilt

Old 02-25-2016, 10:47 AM

WOW OH my goodness you gals are absolutely amazing thank you thank you thank you and the pic of your quilts are amazing as well and encourage me to get to it.. I am hoping that it will be a good lap quilt for my husband who loves to read..How big is yours Jeanne S? thank you again
Old 02-25-2016, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]543458[/ATTACH]I made one last year without a pattern. I looked at LOTS of pictures of bookcase quilts and decided on the ones I liked best, then just did sections similar to those. It really was fairly easy, but did take lots of different fabrics in small pieces. Just do it a section at a time. I have my top finished but don't know how to quilt it so it is still unfinished!
it is beautiful you need to finish it ..lol could you provide me the size and how big are your squares ??
Old 02-25-2016, 11:38 AM

There was one at a local quilt show I went to that had the titles of the books embroidered. So beautiful. It won an honorable mention. She quilted a wood grain pattern on the shelves and exterior and did a beadboard design for the back where it peeked through the books. The books were just quilted with a very simple outline & a couple double lines top & bottom. Besides the books, she appliqued a few little trinkets to sit on the shelves (picture frames & whatnot) & I remember a couple of logos on the books were also appliqued. It was really very striking -- my favorite quilt there.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
welcome. i put 'bookcase quilt pattern free' in google search and came up with these https://www.google.com/search?q=book...w=1015&bih=685
THANK YOU SO MUCH. I SPENT LOTS OF TIME LOOKING FOR this today......

I wish one of you smart , craft ladies would start one of these quilts as a quilt making project, complete with posted ideas and sharing each month.....

Last edited by sewNso; 09-21-2016 at 08:01 AM.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:13 AM

Does anyone know where I might find the pattern for this bookcase quilt? All I can find is a picture posted from flickr.

Thanks for your help.
Old 02-05-2017, 05:53 PM

sapenny, I think, more or less, the ladies add what they want. like the cat, mouse, clock, etc. yes, I know, i'm challenged also, as far as improvising.
Old 02-05-2017, 06:05 PM

There was a thread about this last week. The one with the cat didn't have a pattern. It was some kind of swap where she received blocks. Then she added a photo print of her cat and some other things. It's on Flickr, I think. She tells about how she did it. I believe the thread from last week was something like "books and cats". I can't remember which of the major fabric companies is coming out with a "bookshelf" type pattern pretty soon, but it's already listed on their website.

I can't find last weeks thread. Maybe some one else has a better memory.
bkay
Old 02-10-2017, 05:21 PM

Here's a free pattern I got today. Although it has cats, you can probably delete them if you don't want cats in it.

https://ivoryspring.files.wordpress....d-finished.pdf
Old 02-10-2017, 08:05 PM
Power Poster

Jeanne, I love your bookcase quilt. excellent job.