Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 60

Thread: Niagara region quilters out there?

  1. #21
    Super Member huntannette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    northern ontario
    Posts
    4,061
    LOL You know what you convinced me to go for a ride.....tomorrow it is.....haven`t been in a while.....I`m overdue lol
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    I just went and checked it out ....... totally intriguing ... and for you ... worth the drive!!
    Of course, you probably already knew that I'd love the barn setting!

  2. #22
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13,788
    Quote Originally Posted by huntannette View Post
    LOL You know what you convinced me to go for a ride.....tomorrow it is.....haven`t been in a while.....I`m overdue lol
    Will look forward to your reporting in!
    BTW ... I never found the focus fabric for the placemats/runner for the Christmas gift exchange.
    Instead Fr♥sty evolved.
    Still want to do them ... just need the right fabric!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  3. #23
    Super Member quilter1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ayr, Ontario
    Posts
    1,026
    Blog Entries
    326
    Golly Ginger, thanks for starting this post. I live in Toronto- otherwise known as a quilter's wasteland. I do travel across the border to a few shops but can't go that often. I head to Len's in Cambridge sometimes, they just opened one in Toronto before Christmas, but I find the prices higher. Most of my shopping is in Oshawa or Newmarket, both a hike from home. We are thinking of moving to the Niagara region in the next couple of years, it is good to know that there are nice shops nearby. I will be following this post.

  4. #24
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13,788
    Quote Originally Posted by quilter1 View Post
    Golly Ginger, thanks for starting this post. I live in Toronto- otherwise known as a quilter's wasteland. I do travel across the border to a few shops but can't go that often. I head to Len's in Cambridge sometimes, they just opened one in Toronto before Christmas, but I find the prices higher. Most of my shopping is in Oshawa or Newmarket, both a hike from home. We are thinking of moving to the Niagara region in the next couple of years, it is good to know that there are nice shops nearby. I will be following this post.
    Have you checked out any of the other LQS' that I gave you?

    BTW ... have you checked out this one in TO?
    http://www.theworkroom.ca/
    I heard about it at Christmas time and thought it looked intriguing.

    Sorry ... I forget which part of the City you are in, as to whether this is somewhat on the beaten path or not.
    Last edited by QuiltE; 01-08-2013 at 12:09 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    89
    Let's see. I grew up in Niagara, and went to school in KW.

    I concur that Sharon Okimi at U Quilt it is amazing. So unbelievably awesome.

    Greenwood Quiltery in Guelph has an amazing sale on right now, until Jan 10th - $2 fat quarters and fabric as low as $5/metre. Don't know how much they have left (I live in Texas now, and the commute's a bit far) but they only do this kind of sale 2x a year. More modern fabric, but a good selection of kids' stuff, and they have Oliver & S patterns, Kaffe, Amy Butler.

    Creative Sisters Sewing in KW is worth a trip as well, especially for their Full Moon Frenzy. The next one is Jan 26, but they do 20% off fabric, 15% on other stuff, and the closeout fabric is usually something along the lines of 40% off. They also do amazing longarming.

    Finally, Quilter's Nine Patch in Elmira has a lot of modern stuff, and also a lot of super-traditional stuff (like civil war repro.) They also have Amy Butler and Heather Bailey patterns, among others.

    Closer to home, there's Quilter's Dream on Guelph Line in Burlington. They do a lot of classes and retreats and workshops. They do a quilter's cruise, I think, and they have a retreat coming up at the Kittling Ridge hotel in Grimsby.

    The other really good, inexpensive, fabric source I had in that area was, believe it or not, IKEA in Burlington. Their as-is department is wonderful for sheets for backing and/or wholecloth, and they do actually sell fabric by the metre - it's near the curtain/pillows department downstairs. Really good prices, and weights in everything from thin and gauzy for art quilting to more heavy home-dec type. Lots of the fabric is about quilting weight.

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oakville,ON
    Posts
    150
    Hi from Oakville.

    Most of my fabric comes from Joann's in Niagara Falls,NY or and Wal-Mart USA that carries fabric.

    There is Quilter's Garden Patch on Bronte Rd. Janet is the owner and she does have things on sale fairly regularly.

    Also Oakville Sewing Center does have designer fabric, she is a bit pricey but she does have sales and a member program.

    I also passed a new store on James St N in Hamilton www.iloveneedlework.com/ they have fabric as well as classes, and also rents out sewing machines.

    I am not very advernterous when it comes to shopping for fabric anymore.... I buy a lot a member boutiques at quilt shows. Right now I'm trying to use what I have.....

    I went to Len's Mill in Hamilton recently and was amazed at how much their prices had gone up.

    I am in the USA on a regular basis so I usually don't make a special trip to shop for fabric.

    I don't shop online, but I need beer fabric so I will have to order from fabric.com when the time comes.

    I have shopped at IKEA for fabric, and they do have a great selection, I used thier solids for backing fabrics for kids quilts, just because it was a bit heavier and the quilt could go on the floor no problem.

    If you every explore out this way let me know, I'd love to join you!

  7. #27
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13,788
    Coming a bit further ... being that the field has been expanded!

    Hobby Horse, in Glen Williams/Georgetown

    Ruti's, Streetsville/Mississauga

    Brampton ... is it Brampton Sewing Centre, HuntAnnette?

    Triangle Sewing Centre ... sell Janome and Bernina ... largest selection of Batiks that I know in this area

    Alice's Quilt Shoppe ... Erin

    Undercover Quilts ... Fergus
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  8. #28
    Super Member huntannette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    northern ontario
    Posts
    4,061
    In Brampton I go to Sew N Serge....that is where I bought my Husqvarna....thy are very helpfull....Monique does have a very nice collection of fabric...not extensive but nice....thy do have classes as well......When I go to Brampton my favorite place to shop is at the Hobby Horse in Georgetown....just a short drive away....lots and lots of fabric and patterns.....I spend way too much when I go lol

    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    Coming a bit further ... being that the field has been expanded!

    Hobby Horse, in Glen Williams/Georgetown

    Ruti's, Streetsville/Mississauga

    Brampton ... is it Brampton Sewing Centre, HuntAnnette?

    Triangle Sewing Centre ... sell Janome and Bernina ... largest selection of Batiks that I know in this area

    Alice's Quilt Shoppe ... Erin

    Undercover Quilts ... Fergus

  9. #29
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13,788
    Quote Originally Posted by huntannette View Post
    In Brampton I go to Sew N Serge....that is where I bought my Husqvarna....thy are very helpfull....Monique does have a very nice collection of fabric...not extensive but nice....thy do have classes as well......When I go to Brampton my favorite place to shop is at the Hobby Horse in Georgetown....just a short drive away....lots and lots of fabric and patterns.....I spend way too much when I go lol

    ha! what's money? Have FUN on your FART tmro!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  10. #30
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13,788
    I stumbled on this site tonight ... and online company based in Toronto, with FREE shipping to Canadians!
    http://www.flarefabrics.ca/

    Also, this one from Ajax area with plans to open bricks and mortar ... sometime!
    http://logcabinyardage.com/

    Otherwise, I know nothing about them.
    Last edited by QuiltE; 01-08-2013 at 06:37 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.