View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 02:03 PM
kylenstevesmom

Hi from Oakville.

Most of my fabric comes from Joann's in Niagara Falls,NY or and Wal-Mart USA that carries fabric.

There is Quilter's Garden Patch on Bronte Rd. Janet is the owner and she does have things on sale fairly regularly.

Also Oakville Sewing Center does have designer fabric, she is a bit pricey but she does have sales and a member program.

I also passed a new store on James St N in Hamilton www.iloveneedlework.com/ they have fabric as well as classes, and also rents out sewing machines.

I am not very advernterous when it comes to shopping for fabric anymore.... I buy a lot a member boutiques at quilt shows. Right now I'm trying to use what I have.....

I went to Len's Mill in Hamilton recently and was amazed at how much their prices had gone up.

I am in the USA on a regular basis so I usually don't make a special trip to shop for fabric.

I don't shop online, but I need beer fabric so I will have to order from fabric.com when the time comes.

I have shopped at IKEA for fabric, and they do have a great selection, I used thier solids for backing fabrics for kids quilts, just because it was a bit heavier and the quilt could go on the floor no problem.

If you every explore out this way let me know, I'd love to join you!