Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Not an Addiction >

Not an Addiction

Not an Addiction

Old 10-15-2009, 08:50 AM

I don't think I would have made it through my son's two year struggle and death from cancer without something to keep my mind occupied. He passed on New Year's Day 2008 leaving a wife and thirteen year old daughter. I worked on a Quilt that I titled "Thru My Tears"and have it put away to eventually give to my g'daughter.
Believe me, life is not easy -- or fair -- and there are times our hobbies literally can save our lives. As a retired Psych Nurse, I felt like I had "to put my money where my mouth was" after talking about positive coping skills for years.
So Everyone --- Remember --- Keep on Piecing........
Old 10-15-2009, 09:50 AM

I like your thinking.....I can relate to all of it except the losing weight part

Regina
Old 10-15-2009, 09:59 AM

I thought I was the only one who sat at my machine until the job was done....I hate to drink to much because I'll haft to get up. There are times when I'm working and it's getting late and the seam ripper is getting a work out......I get it done go to bed. Come back the next day and what look what took me an additional hour was a mnistake that never would have happend if I was not so tired and determined to finish. Us quilters are silly and I wouldn't want to be any other way.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:27 AM

Quilting and quilting people are just super great. If we could mend the world problems like beautiful quilt blocks living together in harmony giving warmth, love and protection from bad things and cold this would be a dream come true. Change starts like a ripple in the water. As quilters we can do our part and show the world that colors and patterns can live side by side.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:31 AM

okay, i hope you all know i was trying to be funny. ok, so maybe being a non- addict is not so bad, lol. anyway, we all love to do it and the only thing we *might* hurt is our budget....which i have NEVER done :oops: :mrgreen: ever. lol!!! ok, off to work! have a great time feeding your thereapy, lol

oh, and if sylslight is a river, i bet its a really nice one...just like me!!! lol :D
Old 10-15-2009, 12:46 PM

I total cheat on that basting stuff. I spray bast. It is a lot easier, most the time quicker, and you can fix your mistakes before they happen a lot of the time. So it is all therapy for me. I would be totally nuts if I were not able to create something.

Katrina Nutter
Old 10-15-2009, 03:07 PM

like the plack says Blessed are quilters for they are the piece makers of the world
Attached Thumbnails attachment-4956.jpe  
Old 10-15-2009, 03:21 PM

Now thats the best definition of quilting that I've heard in a long time,
and so true too!!
Old 10-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sylslight
oh, and if sylslight is a river, i bet its a really nice one...just like me!!! lol :D
You mentioned "denial" (the river in Egypt = the Nile, lol)
Old 10-15-2009, 06:30 PM

I taught quilting for years and part of my intro was that quilting is therapy. However, as far a diet is concerned I feel that basic supplies include diet soda and M & M's are necessary equipment. If you have a craving for popcorn while watching a movie, put it into a large bowl and eat it with a soup spoon to avoid getting it on your hands.

Enjoy!
Ziggy's Mom

PS--I don't teach any more, except for my grandchildren. These days I just quilt for people I love. :D