Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Not an Addiction

Super Member Sheree from Chicago's Avatar
    Creating and letting your artistic self go always feels good!

Super Member Sheree from Chicago's Avatar
    Using our God given talents?

denil is the first stage

Blog Entries
    sylslight, I thought that was a river in Egypt.

Blog Entries
    With an addiction you can not give things away. You hord them. Every thing I make I make for someone eles. And love to do it.

Blog Entries
    I don't think I would have made it through my son's two year struggle and death from cancer without something to keep my mind occupied. He passed on New Year's Day 2008 leaving a wife and thirteen year old daughter. I worked on a Quilt that I titled "Thru My Tears"and have it put away to eventually give to my g'daughter.
    Believe me, life is not easy -- or fair -- and there are times our hobbies literally can save our lives. As a retired Psych Nurse, I felt like I had "to put my money where my mouth was" after talking about positive coping skills for years.
    So Everyone --- Remember --- Keep on Piecing........

I like your thinking.....I can relate to all of it except the losing weight part

Regina

I thought I was the only one who sat at my machine until the job was done....I hate to drink to much because I'll haft to get up. There are times when I'm working and it's getting late and the seam ripper is getting a work out......I get it done go to bed. Come back the next day and what look what took me an additional hour was a mnistake that never would have happend if I was not so tired and determined to finish. Us quilters are silly and I wouldn't want to be any other way.

Quilting and quilting people are just super great. If we could mend the world problems like beautiful quilt blocks living together in harmony giving warmth, love and protection from bad things and cold this would be a dream come true. Change starts like a ripple in the water. As quilters we can do our part and show the world that colors and patterns can live side by side.

okay, i hope you all know i was trying to be funny. ok, so maybe being a non- addict is not so bad, lol. anyway, we all love to do it and the only thing we *might* hurt is our budget....which i have NEVER done :oops: :mrgreen: ever. lol!!! ok, off to work! have a great time feeding your thereapy, lol

oh, and if sylslight is a river, i bet its a really nice one...just like me!!! lol :D

I total cheat on that basting stuff. I spray bast. It is a lot easier, most the time quicker, and you can fix your mistakes before they happen a lot of the time. So it is all therapy for me. I would be totally nuts if I were not able to create something.

Katrina Nutter

like the plack says Blessed are quilters for they are the piece makers of the world
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now thats the best definition of quilting that I've heard in a long time,
    and so true too!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sylslight
    oh, and if sylslight is a river, i bet its a really nice one...just like me!!! lol :D
    You mentioned "denial" (the river in Egypt = the Nile, lol)

I taught quilting for years and part of my intro was that quilting is therapy. However, as far a diet is concerned I feel that basic supplies include diet soda and M & M's are necessary equipment. If you have a craving for popcorn while watching a movie, put it into a large bowl and eat it with a soup spoon to avoid getting it on your hands.

Enjoy!
    Ziggy's Mom

PS--I don't teach any more, except for my grandchildren. These days I just quilt for people I love. :D

Quote Originally Posted by adrianlee
    Quilting and quilting people are just super great. If we could mend the world problems like beautiful quilt blocks living together in harmony giving warmth, love and protection from bad things and cold this would be a dream come true. Change starts like a ripple in the water. As quilters we can do our part and show the world that colors and patterns can live side by side.
    What a beautiful thought. Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2