Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Obsessed with Missouri Star Quilt Company >

Obsessed with Missouri Star Quilt Company

Obsessed with Missouri Star Quilt Company

Old 05-20-2014, 03:09 AM

A local guild just had her visit and demo. It was wonderful ! Funny stories, funny and obviously supportive husband came with her to hold up the quilts. I would happily go again and highly recommend having her do a session . Two hours that just flew by
Old 05-20-2014, 03:20 AM

I love the videos! I've just finished the disappearing pinwheel and just pieced the lattice quilt. The exploding block is next. She makes everything so easy!!
Old 05-20-2014, 03:44 AM

I will be quilting two years in September. When I learned to sew many years ago I took classes which was all that was available at that time. These videos are absolutely a gift. They are free and can be bookmarked and referred to. I use them as a visual. I can pause at each step and replay as many times as I need to in order to master the technique. If not for Jenny I would not be as far as I am today. Don't mind the daily deals either.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:20 AM

I had the pleasure of going to a 3 day class given by Jenny Doan in Baker ,FL. She is ever nicer and funnier in person. She told a bunch of stories and showed her techniques with samples of her quilts. Her husband was present and also very nice. She is really a very humble , down to earth person. She autographed posters for us and was very approachable. If you ever have the chance to see her I would highly recommend it.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:25 AM

I love her simplified approach to sewing. I grew up in Southern Iowa, not far from Hamilton, Missouri. When I go "home" this summer, I plan to make a "pilgrimage" to the store.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:26 AM

I made the heart quilt and the flower quilt and they were very easy and turned out fantastic. Her videos are wonderful. Also love the magazine.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:26 AM

I order from MSQC and love it, I also watch Her videos, I think She is so sweet. I would love to go there one day and meet Her in person. I might just put that on my bucket list, lol.....She had so many good ideas. I get their newsletter and always enjoy it.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:45 AM

Girl MSQC is kickin it! I am also obsessed with MSQC as is my girlfriend... Besides all of the neat suff she does most of the folks she employees are family. She has put the little town of Hamilton MO on the map.. The way the quilters cash works is if you are logged in when you order something you get points for however much you spend, you can let it build up or cash it in towards a order any time. It is not actually cash back.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by LindaR View Post
making an exploding block quilt now...love the videos...next the disappearing pin wheel LOL
I did the exploding block up to a 45" size. I just kept repeating the process until my last square was as large as I could go. Then put two borders around it, quilted and bound. Made three quilt tops in less than three hours! Great for fast and easy!
Old 05-20-2014, 05:12 AM

Each generation has a new quilting "queen" and I believe that Jenny is the new "queen". She's fun to watch, informative, inventive and is a great saleswoman! I've ordered many of the daily deals and love her charm packs that are offered. Hope I can visit Hamilton, MO his summer to visit the Missouri Star Quilt Company in person, Go Jenny!!