Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Obsessed with Missouri Star Quilt Company >

Obsessed with Missouri Star Quilt Company

Obsessed with Missouri Star Quilt Company

Old 05-20-2014, 04:00 PM

I'm not a fan of their Daily Deals because they won't send them to me. I have subscribed 5 times over the last few months and still I had to go to them, well no longer.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by charlottequilts View Post
Eleanor Burns has an inspiring story, too. Had she had today's internet when she started, I suspect her trajectory would have been very similar. She had to reach audiences one at a time instead, which must have been a lot harder.

Anyone who can make quilting more popular and accessible is worth cheering for, I think.

hugs,
charlotte
I have to agree because Eleanor is my favorite person to watch. Jenny is good but I'm a Eli fan for sure.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:13 PM

Jenny Doan is the best! Their selection of fabrics is amazing, prices are competitive, their personnel are friendly and helpful and I've never been disappointed with the Missouri Star Quilt Company. Long may they be the best.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:46 PM

Yes, I'm hooked on MSQC but not just for Jenny and the store. I admire what her family and others are doing to rebuild the town of Hamilton. While Jenny is the "face" of MSQC, Al, Sarah, Natalie and many, many others are devoting themselves to their vision. I believe that they are one of the true American stories and look forward to following them through the years.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:47 PM

This run today has put me in the mood for a road trip to MO. How far is Hamilton from Bransford? I have watched several of her videos, and she is precious. I made one of her quilts not too long ago; she is really easy to follow.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:37 PM
Power Poster

Not obsessed, but I do like Jenny and her tutes. I have purchased the daily deals before and also get her new mag. She has some really fun tutes and it's always easier to send someone a link to one of them than explain how to make something!

I think Jenny is totally loveable.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:39 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by linmid View Post
I'm not a fan of their Daily Deals because they won't send them to me. I have subscribed 5 times over the last few months and still I had to go to them, well no longer.
As far as I know they don't send out emails with the daily deals. You have to go check the website. I just put a shortcut to the daily deals on my desktop and click on it when I want to see what is being offered.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:29 PM

They do email out the daily deal, I've been getting the emails & buying the deals a lot, can't remember exactly where I signed up for the emails. I just found out recently about their forum.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:51 PM

I just love Jenny, what she & her family have done for Hamilton is amazing. I was fortunate to see her in person last week when she had a trunk show in Pittsburgh. And what makes me love her even more is her attitude that quilts are to be used & loved, taken on a picnic, actually used. That is what I want for my quilts, to be used & loved, not kept as an art piece (well, I don't have to worry about that, I'm not an artist) but it thrills me to see my quilts being used.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by wolph33 View Post
I love watching her also-she is a great teacher
She breaks things down so well, it is like sewing with your friend who lives next door - - and her enthusiasm is contagious.

Marysewfun