Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh heavens...

send it to me i find ripping relaxing

It also gives me an excuse to go shop. I forgot to take my seam ripper to retreat last weekend. Debbie loaned me hers and it made me realize how dull mine was.

There's no way I can go and bring a seam ripper home all alone in the bag. I'll have to get something else to keep her company on the ride home.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    ROFL. I take it you left the thread in your Babylok that was bright pink for the OBW you were working on at retreat????? And it took how many blocks to notice??? Yup, you need my clover ripper again. I call my seam ripper "The Reverser".......GOod music,,, lots of chocolate......

Quote Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    ROFL. I take it you left the thread in your Babylok that was bright pink for the OBW you were working on at retreat????? And it took how many blocks to notice??? Yup, you need my clover ripper again. I call my seam ripper "The Reverser".......GOod music,,, lots of chocolate......
    Yep, I did and I was just happily sewing along until the stack ran out!

I'm getting pretty good with bobbin winding and threading it though! I have to tell you, the needle threader is just simply to die for!

I am puzzled. If this is piecing what difference does it make? How will it show? I frequently use up bits of thread left over to piece. You should see some of my "nonmatches". When quilt is finished, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by sewmary
    How will it show?
    It is a very brilliant and dark hot pink. It shows through the neutral fabric.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewmary
    I am puzzled. If this is piecing what difference does it make? How will it show? I frequently use up bits of thread left over to piece. You should see some of my "nonmatches". When quilt is finished, who knows?
    I agree. Unless the fabric is very very lightweight and the piecing seam shows thru, you should not see the thread at all.

OH NO! Joy I'm so sorry! I've done this before! Of course you need to go shopping & one little seam ripper needs lots of company in the bag! :)

I would just re-sew REAL close to the pink seam and call it good

It's all ripped out and done in a more appropriate color. I did have a few laughs over it though. It reminded me of accidentially wearing patterened undies with white pants.

The shopping trip is still on and a few more items have been added to the list.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast