Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oh heavens...

Press one of the blocks, if the stitching does not show, go with the flow. I use up what thread I have unless it black thread on white fabric.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zipit
    I just finished chain piecing about 80 very neutral blocks together only to discover that I hadn't changed from a rather brilliant pink to a neutral thread.

Exciting times will be had with my seam ripper.
    Ain't life grand???hehehe :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Blog Entries
    I guess I am glad you fixed it, but now I feel guilty because I was thinking if you quilt the thing with the bright thread it could look like you did it on purpose! I am so lazy, but you did the right thing.

Why? The thread used to piece does not show.

Blog Entries
    It's all ripped out and done in a more appropriate color. I did have a few laughs over it though. It reminded me of accidentially wearing patterened undies with white pants.

The shopping trip is still on and a few more items have been added to the list.
    my cousin did that and for years i refused to wear anything but pink panties and NO white shorts, till my Mom finally got me to tell her why.

actually this is the best excuse for a trip to LQS/Joannes I have heard all day !!!!!!!

I had a great sunt who told me to put it down and go away and when you come back, it will work. When I was little and doing embroidery, my thread would get so knotted and I would get so angry, So now no matter what gets in a mess, I just walk away. That reminds of when things aren't going ok, go shoping buy a new dress. I tried that one time and always hated the dress. but washing windows is good for your troubles though

Hey Joy, just think of the pink thread as livening up your neutral quilt!

Suzanne

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I would leave it!

Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    Does it show? If it doesn't I wouldn't take it out.
    I wouldn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by sewmary
    I am puzzled. If this is piecing what difference does it make? How will it show? I frequently use up bits of thread left over to piece. You should see some of my "nonmatches". When quilt is finished, who knows?
    I do the same.

Lol, if you want to send it across the GoM, I would do it for you. My mother wouldn't teach me to sew, but boy, can I rip. One of the reasons I pin everything before I sew, and test to see if I pinned it right. Good thing, lol...I had a bad case of the dummies when I assembled the dog beds, lol.

Get a big bag of chocolates and find a comfortable seat.

Use a colored fabric pen to disguise the threads that show on the seam line.

My rippers are all dull. They're on my list of things to buy myself when other more important things have been purchased. I sometimes use a single sided razor blade to rip. It's faster!

I just returned from shopping. It was harder than I thought to find a nice seam ripper. Not too big, not too small but just right. I am happy with it. I didn't realize my other was so dull until I borrowed on last week at retreat.

I picked out all of the stitching on these blocks with my stiletto. Never again.

Now I won't have anything to rip out for ages.

Now I won't have anything to rip out for ages.
    :lol: That's the way it works!

Quote Originally Posted by sewmary
    I am puzzled. If this is piecing what difference does it make? How will it show? I frequently use up bits of thread left over to piece. You should see some of my "nonmatches". When quilt is finished, who knows?
    Me, too. People on this board worry about things that don't worry me at all. I am doing my best to use up odds and ends of thread that my mother used 50 years ago. Unless it's black on white or vice versa, it won't matter after it's quilted and if it does show, so what? froggyintexas

ok, I HATE unsewing... can you stitch just inside of the pink with a neutral thread and just leave it in?

It's all out and sewn in a very light neutral. I am strange and that's just me but I knew it was there and if there was much moisture it would have stuck out like a sore thumb.

This is going to be a baby quilt for PL and I want it to be as perfect as can be for the little recipient.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
    keep the stitching and call it a decorative effect. :)
    yea I like that explanation!

I use the rotary tool to undo stitching... just use my left hand to hold the two ends and carefully run the blade over the stitches, sort of the same as using a razor blade (which I need to get some off, so much easier for getting stitches out)

glad you got it sorted, I too would have undone it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2