Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Oh!  What Did I Do? >

Oh! What Did I Do?

Oh! What Did I Do?

Old 04-06-2013, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by MarLeClair View Post
Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I am going to go ahead and enter the quilt so that people can see it but I am not having it judged. Genesee Valley has a wonderful quilt show and if my one quilt can hang with all those wonderful other quilts, I guess I should be happy. On the entry for it says that the committee has the right to refuse a quilt so, I'll give it a shot. Attached is the quilt I am going to show.

As beautiful as your work is, the paisley border won my heart~
Old 04-07-2013, 03:00 AM

great! I am glad you decided to go ahead and enter the quilt. So many people will be able to appreciate your work and this beauty!
Old 04-07-2013, 03:05 AM

I put a quilt in a show. The written comments were no problem but one morning walking past the quilt I heard a comment " should have done the music stave straight not won,y lines. ." I was very upset as the lines were supposed to be wavy as part of the design but also so as not to infringe copy right with the notes. I have not done it since and don't want to. I think there should be a section for looking and no judging.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:54 AM

I know most judges just want to be helpful. Pointing out areas for improvement. I think most of us piece and quilt because we enjoy the process and end product. I do not sell, just give away to family and friends. They just like the thought of someone spending time to make something for them and not just running to the store to pick something up.