Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Okay, it's between the Brother PE770 and the Janome 350. Which one can I get the bigger designs on?? >

Okay, it's between the Brother PE770 and the Janome 350. Which one can I get the bigger designs on??

Okay, it's between the Brother PE770 and the Janome 350. Which one can I get the bigger designs on??

Old 03-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
I just have the Brother SE350, was lucky an found at Walmart on clearence for $189.00. Anyways, I am bad with computer stuff,but the Brother is SO easy to learn on. It came with a disk, to pop into your computer and watch,and that really helped me! I am sure both machines are nice!
Carrieanne, are you serious?????????
Holy cow, that's a fraction of the price at Amazon!!
Good for you!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 03-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Power Poster

Yes,last year I read about people finding them at Walmarts. Called all the stores near me, and one was left in Whitewater! They clearenced them when theywent to the SE400, mine cant hook up to the internet w/o a special cord. BUT, perfect to learn on!
Old 03-01-2011, 09:49 PM

For about the 4th time, I have the Janome 350E and love it. Each machines has their own format (language) that they read. I feel that it is important to have the USB port. Cards are too hard to find and very expensive when you do. The bobbin issue with the Janome 300E the lady mentioned is as simple as an adjustment. Whenever a machine has a thread cutter, it is wise to let the thread cutter do its job and stop. Sometimes we are over-anxious to see what our work looks like and we jerk before the thread cutter is done. There is a tiny spring on the bobbin area that needs to be treated gently. It will do the work that needs to be done but it needs to be treated as a surgeon treats his tools. Whatever you decide, you will truly enjoy a new machine and doing things you only dreamed about. Just my nickel's worth Susan.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:33 AM

I'm looking for a purchase in the future also. There are 2 things that stand out for me. One is the abiltiy to resize within 10% up or down on the Janome. The Brother doesn't state the machine will do that and 2nd the construction. The Janome 340e is ball bearing construction and will last forever. 2nd is a very important consideration for me and is the main reason I purchased the 6600 for quilting. The only thing that I don't really like about either machine is the LCD is in gray scale not color.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:56 AM
Power Poster

Someone slap me....I want a bigger Brother!!!!!!!!!!!
I will NOT get another machine, I will not...........
Old 03-02-2011, 05:59 AM
Power Poster

Go with which ever one has the biggest hoop and also a USB port!
Old 03-02-2011, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by jdiane318
For about the 4th time, I have the Janome 350E and love it. Each machines has their own format (language) that they read. I feel that it is important to have the USB port. Cards are too hard to find and very expensive when you do. The bobbin issue with the Janome 300E the lady mentioned is as simple as an adjustment. Whenever a machine has a thread cutter, it is wise to let the thread cutter do its job and stop. Sometimes we are over-anxious to see what our work looks like and we jerk before the thread cutter is done. There is a tiny spring on the bobbin area that needs to be treated gently. It will do the work that needs to be done but it needs to be treated as a surgeon treats his tools. Whatever you decide, you will truly enjoy a new machine and doing things you only dreamed about. Just my nickel's worth Susan.
FYI - The 300E does not have a thread cutter. My dealer has told me that the bobbin trouble is due to me using my machine. If I didn't use it, I wouldn't have any bobbin trouble. Go figure!
Old 03-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Power Poster

Did you decide yet?????????? Cant wait to hear which one you choose!