Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
okay, now what????? >

okay, now what?????

okay, now what?????

Old 12-18-2011, 02:28 PM

Smile okay, now what?????

have you ever asked yourself this question once all your Christmas projects are done...Just finish 2 queen, 1 full, 1 twin and one lap.... Now what????????
Old 12-18-2011, 02:30 PM
Power Poster

Sadly I have never finished before Christmas to have the time to say that LOL Good for you - take a deep breathe, pat yourself on the back and plan something fun for yourself
Old 12-18-2011, 02:43 PM

I am in the same situation .. all projects done and wrapped. So I am re- organizing my sewing room , and at the same time rediscovering some patterns and projects to start up. It very refreshing to start in again with a tidy room.
Additionally I recieved a Barnes and Noble gift certificate so I will peruse the magazine section , and spend a nice afternoon reading one or two. I am sure I will revisit some of my own magazine library for the "what comes next" project.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Power Poster

I always have something waiting to done. I've semi-cleaned my sewing nook for the holidays but I have a quilt top that needs embroidery work done on it. That's what I'll be starting on in the new year. I also have a dresden plate tablerunner partly cut out too.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:00 PM

A moment to reflect and find joy and peace at all you have accomplished. Perhaps create a favorite holiday treat for you and yours and share in warmth and comfort. Then on to sweet thoughts of the wonderful creations that are in your head and heart waiting to come out. Merry Christmas and a blessed new year to you and yours.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:12 PM

I did that just the other day. Finished and have an hour left where I could sew. I pulled a orphan block off my design wall and quickly made a mug rug. Then I thought, hmmm, looking good, what else? I opened my cabinet and quickly closed it since I had many boxes of projects in there waiting.... pick me, pick me.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
Sadly I have never finished before Christmas to have the time to say that LOL Good for you - take a deep breathe, pat yourself on the back and plan something fun for yourself
me neither
Old 12-18-2011, 04:50 PM

I'm going to straighten up my sewing room before starting a new project. I want to start the New Year organized and ready to go. I'm also going to get out my dry erase board and begin a new list of things I want to accomplish this year. It's so much fun when I get something done and get to check it off the list.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:57 PM

I need to take a deep breath and clean the sewing room that is overflowing its boundaries. Have orders for several purses which I was told could wait till after the holidays. Plus I keep finding kits, new rulers etc that I've bought some time and haven't gotten to. Guess I don't have to ask what next?
Old 12-18-2011, 05:07 PM

Get a head start on next Christmas!