Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Okay, this is probably a dumb question, but...

Quote Originally Posted by jbsstrawberry
    Yep, with the names they're giving these things folks will think that quilters like to eat too huh!! LOL I think I even saw one somewhere during the bunnyhop that was called a cinnamon roll. Ohhh and just so we're not thirsty when we quilt...there's one site that has lemonade packets too. LOL
    now if they would name those packets salad greens, fruit cups, veggie trays or something along those lines.....i'd be more apt to buy them. then I could honestly tell DH I bought something healthy for us today.

Quote Originally Posted by auntluc
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsstrawberry
    Yep, with the names they're giving these things folks will think that quilters like to eat too huh!! LOL I think I even saw one somewhere during the bunnyhop that was called a cinnamon roll. Ohhh and just so we're not thirsty when we quilt...there's one site that has lemonade packets too. LOL
    now if they would name those packets salad greens, fruit cups, veggie trays or something along those lines.....i'd be more apt to buy them. then I could honestly tell DH I bought something healthy for us today.
    Good One. LOL

Thanks everyone for being so kind!! Now that I know there are books with patterns specifically for them, looks like I'll just HAVE to get one :wink: (and that layer cake I saw!)

Quote Originally Posted by minstrel
    Thanks everyone for being so kind!! Now that I know there are books with patterns specifically for them, looks like I'll just HAVE to get one :wink: (and that layer cake I saw!)
    Spoken like a true quilter! :mrgreen:

Excuse me but my question is even more dumbier: what are fat quarters etc and all those expressions? Being french-speaking (but I write, read and speak english), it is the first time I hear of this...

Quote Originally Posted by Louise C
    Excuse me but my question is even more dumbier: what are fat quarters etc and all those expressions? Being french-speaking (but I write, read and speak english), it is the first time I hear of this...
    It's a piece of material that is 18" X 22" , a quarter yard. Called a fat quarter because it is not 18" X 18".

Banned
    I think you mean because it's not 9" by 44" (a regular quarter yard cut), barbsbus. It's still a quarter yard of fabric, Louise, it's just shorter and fatter so you are able to do more things with it.

If you ask me, all those jelly rolls, layer cakes, cinnamon rolls and noodles are what make FAT QUARTERS! :roll: :D

Quote Originally Posted by nor'easter
    I think you mean because it's not 9" by 44" (a regular quarter yard cut), barbsbus. It's still a quarter yard of fabric, Louise, it's just shorter and fatter so you are able to do more things with it.

If you ask me, all those jelly rolls, layer cakes, cinnamon rolls and noodles are what make FAT QUARTERS! :roll: :D
    The fat quarters I purchase are 18" X 22". It is true 9" X 44" is a quarter yard but the quilt shops use the 18" X 22" for their fat quarters.

Banned
    I will PM you.

If you ask me, all those jelly rolls, layer cakes, cinnamon rolls and noodles are what make FAT QUARTERS! :roll: :D [/quote]

LOL. :oops: Now I get it. Guess that is how I got all my FAT QUARTERS! :D

:D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast