Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: old quilts

Well said, Glenn. You speak right from my heart, thank you.

I don't have children but I hope there will be somebody who appreciates my work and passes them forward to the next generations. Maybe my quilts will be on display in a museum...I would really like that! :-)

I struggle with this so thanks for the reminder Glenn.

Katvert, Make sure that you put that information on a label. It will be important for future generations to know that 4 generations worked on that quilt. I have a small quilt that my great-grandmother made for me when I was a baby. It is VERY old. lol There is no label, so I have made sure that my children know who made it.
    Sue

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by anniec55
    Gotta ask, is that a men's tie quilt you have as your avatar? Did you do it?? I am wanting to do one have all the ties, not quite sure where go with it. Anyway yours is gorgeous!
    Yes I made the quilt. It's not made from old ties but just scraps of fabric I had. All the embroidery around the fans I did also. It is my wife's favorite. I posted some better pics of it several months ago. I don't remember the page but you can search in my profile for the post. Thank you very much for your nice comment. You sure can make the same thing with men's ties. Thank you again. Glenn

Blog Entries
    reply to anniec55 to old quilts

sew true it does not have to be an award winning art quilt to be a beloved family treasure

Well said.
    When my sister says that she doesn't like a pattern or a quilt I'm working on, I say, wait 10 years after I'm dead... see who likes it then!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2