Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Old Trick for Removing Drops of Blood

Blog Entries

Red face Old Trick for Removing Drops of Blood

Today putting quilt layers together I pricked my fingers and blood drops appeared on white section of pattern! Quickly I cut a long piece of mercerized cotton thread, chewed it to get it soaked with my saliva and then dapped blood drops.
    They disappeared almost immediately. I learned this trick in the 60;s when I worked in the alteration department in a
    small specialty store in Boston. Still works after all these years - sort of like me!
    Live well, Laugh often, Love much

Super Member pumpkinpatchquilter's Avatar
    Hahaha, I learned this trick during a hand quilting class about eight years ago. I actually pricked my hand during class and felt kind of gross basically spitting on my quilting, LOL*, but it works!!!
    Valerie Smith - pumpkinpatchquilter
    Obsessed Quilter and APQS Long Arm Machine Quilter
    www.pumpkinpatchquilter.com

Been doing that for years, a fan of the "spit method" lol. I always leave my DNA on everything I do, if not blood, spit, a little rub in my hair with a needle to make it slide better, licking the thread (also the eye of the needle will thread easier if it is wet). My kids say I don't need a label, in 100 years they will just scan for DNA and mine will be readily identifiable!

Blog Entries
    thanks for the tip
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

I learned that on here just a couple of months ago. It does work!! I did have to add some peroxide to one spot. I didn't even know I was bleeding so the blood had soaked in for about five minutes.

Ahhh, I'll be remembering this, thanks!

Great tip, thanks.
    learn each and every day,memories or play.

I have used oxy spray on blood with pretty good luck too. I find the spit works best when the blood is fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by linda8450 View Post
    Been doing that for years, a fan of the "spit method" lol. I always leave my DNA on everything I do, if not blood, spit, a little rub in my hair with a needle to make it slide better, licking the thread (also the eye of the needle will thread easier if it is wet). My kids say I don't need a label, in 100 years they will just scan for DNA and mine will be readily identifiable!
    I'm going to have to remember to moisten the needle too. I always moisten the thread, just out of habit now.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

awesome, thanks for the tip.....I'll have to try to remember this one, I'm forever pricking my fingers when hand quilting!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast