Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oliso Iron

My husband is thinking of getting me the Oliso 1600 for my birthday. If you own one, do you think it is worth the money? Thanks.

Absolutely. I love mine and it makes pressing fun, believe it or not!

I love mine.

I have had 2 of them and had to return them since the feet that raise it broke and the iron would do a header!

I love mine too. I don't know that it irons any better but I don't mind all the pressing as much. No problem with it tipping over since it's already down. I'm not sure what model I had, but I found it on sale at one of the bed and bath type stores.

Mine died 2 days after the warranty expired! Won't buy another one.

Banned
    I've been through 6 and all dumped water "like a new born babe" as one person described. Supposedly they have been improved but I wouldn't trust it. I got really bad vibes from a person at their booth at a quilt show. When I tried to describe mhy problem she told me to come back when I didn't have so long to stay. I do not recommend it. They are ok as a dry iron but I don't trust the steam. Spend your $$ elsewhere.

I have the 1050 and loooove it. I can't speak for the 1600 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Holice
    I've been through 6 and all dumped water "like a new born babe" as one person described. Supposedly they have been improved but I wouldn't trust it. I got really bad vibes from a person at their booth at a quilt show. When I tried to describe mhy problem she told me to come back when I didn't have so long to stay. I do not recommend it. They are ok as a dry iron but I don't trust the steam. Spend your $$ elsewhere.

What??? I can't believe someone could be so rude! ACK.

Banned
    The person in the booth kept asking if I bought the iron from her and when I said no she wouldn't talk about it. I looked at the sign in the booth and pointed out she was the company. Aparantly the booth was manned by a subcontractor ofthe company. Each time I had the problem the company replaced it and I finally just gave up and stacked all 6 on a shelf. They work good for dry ironing but I sure don't trust the ones I have for steam Perhaps the newer ones are better.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast