Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
olispro iron >

olispro iron

olispro iron

Old 08-31-2014, 03:47 AM

Default olispro iron

has anyone purchased the "olispro " iron? I saw it on the Missouri quilt site used by Jenny and am wondering if
its reliable?
Old 08-31-2014, 06:39 AM

I don't own one, but my LQS has one and I've used it during classes. It seems very nice. It gets very hot and presses the seams flat. I'm not entirely sure if I think it is worth the cost, however. If it lasts a very long time, it might be, but I am currently using a cheap Black and Decker, and it is working very well. It only cost $9.00 at wally world.
Sue
Old 08-31-2014, 06:44 AM
Power Poster

I don't like putting that much into an iron either but could not resist getting the Rowenta on clearance at Ross. At least this new iron has a flip top on the water intake so the ants can't get into the iron.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:49 AM

Hi, I purchased mine at Joann's, not the top of the line one..it's the blue one that was on sale..it's very easy to get used to but the one thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't stay hot as long as I would like.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:03 AM

After seeing Jenny use one in her videos, I bought one. I love it and the fact that it goes up and down. LOL My only problem is it spits water once in awhile, but I can live with that. Now they have come out with a pink one. I have the yellow one.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:12 AM

I have had my Oliso Pro (yellow) Iron for a couple of months now. I LOVE IT!!!!!!! Since it is the Quilter's version, it stays on longer, and is hotter. The thing about it staying flat, and the lifts coming up, takes a little bit of time to get used to. But is has helped with my shoulders more than I could have ever hoped.

I have now pieced two complete tops with it and I am surprised at having basically NO pain in my shoulders. Before, I would have to pace myself with piecing and ironing, but not know. The iron itself is pretty light weight for the iron itself. But since you don't have to lift it every time, ironing is a breeze.

So glad that I purchased it. I purchased mine from Nancy's Notions (had to wait on a backorder that was changed 3 times aargh), and I used the 3 payment option. And I also purchased the extended waranty from Oliso directly. You can purchased the warranty regardless of where you purchase the iron itself. The 5 year replacement warranty is $50. The regular warranty is 2 years. So I figured the cost of the iron plus the extended warranty was less than the number of irons that I would go through through in the same time.

And it is so great that the iron is HOT. It has the same wattage as the heat press machines that they do iron on transfers with. And as has been mentioned on this board, it is the heat of the iron, not the weight of the iron, that makes the ironing easier.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:58 AM

I don't have one - yet! Have been watching them for sales, having compared the 4 models. The pretty pink one and the light blue one turn off after 8 min.; the yellow and dark grey or black turn off after 30 mins. Having had both full size and compact Rowenta's that bit the dust in under a year, I'm leery of spendy irons. :/
Old 08-31-2014, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy View Post
I don't have one - yet! Have been watching them for sales, having compared the 4 models. The pretty pink one and the light blue one turn off after 8 min.; the yellow and dark grey or black turn off after 30 mins. Having had both full size and compact Rowenta's that bit the dust in under a year, I'm leery of spendy irons. :/
That's way I decided too give it a try when I found out about the extended warranty. No questions, they just replace it.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:44 AM

Thanks for the information, I didn't do any research before I bought it..I should have...
Old 08-31-2014, 05:21 PM

They look nice, but I read a lot of reviews of them breaking down a lot so I have been hesitant to get one yet. However people complain about rowentas a lot too and I have had mine 8 year, paid about 60 dollars for it so it has gotten its use and it gets hot super fast so I love my rowenta