Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: OMG my daughter wants an art quilt

Blog Entries
    My daughter has been asking me to make her a quilt for years. I finally finished my current project and asked her to pick out a pattern, thinking of compasses and block patterns, but n-o-o-o she picks out a tree of life and another one with sugar skulls which we are going to combine. The skulls will hang off the tree like lanterns and lots of big pinwheel flowers will be floating around the roots and part of the edge. I have done lots of applique wall hangings and small baby quilts but never anything this HUGE. It will take about 50 years to put together and another 50 to quilt. Fun though.

It's a quilt that your daughter will treasure for the rest of her life. Kudos to you Mom for doing this for her.

oh that sounds amazing ~ I would love to see a sketch of it

Quote Originally Posted by helenhiwater
    My daughter has been asking me to make her a quilt for years. I finally finished my current project and asked her to pick out a pattern, thinking of compasses and block patterns, but n-o-o-o she picks out a tree of life and another one with sugar skulls which we are going to combine. The skulls will hang off the tree like lanterns and lots of big pinwheel flowers will be floating around the roots and part of the edge. I have done lots of applique wall hangings and small baby quilts but never anything this HUGE. It will take about 50 years to put together and another 50 to quilt. Fun though.

Blog Entries
    I love your daughters creativity and that you are willing to stretch your imagination to make the quilt :D:D:D

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Can you involve her in the making of it in some way?
    What an amazing job you have ahead of yourself!

Jan in VA

this sounds like- "Be careful what you ask for" I'm sure you will do fine. Thinking outside the box is good for growth.

Pat