Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: One sure thing expensive thread will do for you.

Blog Entries
    It will make you a more careful sewer! I found when I have the expensive thread on my machine I am more careful and precise when sewing and making sure my thread tails aren't too long. I don't want to waste any of the thread. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Crud I don't have to have expensive thread to be furgal. If I had to pay for it, I'm the same way.

Blog Entries
    I don't think twice when I have to rip out a seam or toss a bobbin that is all wonky wound when I have used the less expensive thread. I guess I should but I know I won't. :P

Blog Entries
    i've stopped using the thread cutter on the machine because it cuts too long of a tail. that's for all threads.

Blog Entries
    Sometimes you just got to stop looking! Good thread has many benefits over the cheap stuff!

Sometimes your time is more valuable than worrying about a foot or 2 of expensive thread!

It will drain your pocketbook dry.

Blog Entries
    I don't use expensive thread (can't afford to) but I do feel quilty when I throw away little bits of bobbin thread. I read somewhere that during the depression, women would saves all their threads and wound them for hand sewing. I can't imagine having to be that frugal with my thread now, but it may come to that someday again.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    I have an expensive machine (Janome 6600) so only use quality threads (Superior etc). I think it's a false economy to muck up a good machine with lint from cheap thread. PLus, I hardly have tension issues or have to unpick so none is wasted that way.

I can't imagine worrying about the cost of a bit of thread. Never used the cheap stuff, never will. I buy my thread from the commercial sewing machine guy. It's good stuff on huge cones. I think I was told early on how bad the cheap stuff was with all the lint. When I first started machine embroidery some of the woman would talk about what they did to save thread. I think a lot of that comes from the depression and it was something their parents drilled into them - waste not, want not. The concept of pulling thread thru the needle after clipping it from the cone on their machine threw them into fits. Didn't understand that pulling backwards leads to more lint.
    Judi

uote=BellaBoo]It will make you a more careful sewer! I found when I have the expensive thread on my machine I am more careful and precise when sewing and making sure my thread tails aren't too long. I don't want to waste any of the thread. :thumbup:[/quote]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast