Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I think I need it! I am sure I do, not sure if my DH thinks I do!

I think I need it! I am sure I do, not sure if my DH thinks I do!

If you read any of my post, you know just how much I love the Singer 15-91! I love, love, love them. I just found a portable for a nice price. Appears to be in nice condition. Am checking on it! I am sure I need it even though I got 2 cabinet models and 2 301's and ummm a couple of others Not quite sure what my hubby will think. We will see here shortly when he gets off the ph. I firgue when we down size in the next 5-10 years I may not be able to bring all of my cabinet models with me (try stopping me) but that is my story for now! A girl needs a back up plan!

That's cute!

With all these sewing machines, a 15-91 can often present itself to me at a near-irresistable price. It takes all my willpower to walk away and even then, I feel a little sad that I'm not taking it home. :::sniff, sniff:::

Blog Entries
    I love my 15-91, but until it breaks, (and it won't) I don't need another one...I like to pick up models I don't already have! That being said, put it a closet and when he finally sees it, tell him you've had it for "quite awhile"!!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

I don't know, I looked at some more pictures. I am thinking about it. Sometime I got to stop, but the 15 is my favorite of all machines.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deedum View Post
    If you read any of my post, you know just how much I love the Singer 15-91! I love, love, love them. I just found a portable for a nice price. Appears to be in nice condition. Am checking on it! I am sure I need it even though I got 2 cabinet models and 2 301's and ummm a couple of others Not quite sure what my hubby will think. We will see here shortly when he gets off the ph. I firgue when we down size in the next 5-10 years I may not be able to bring all of my cabinet models with me (try stopping me) but that is my story for now! A girl needs a back up plan!
    I have 3 of them and I love, love, love them. The prices were so great that I just couldn't resist. I think you should get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    I love my 15-91, but until it breaks, (and it won't) I don't need another one...I like to pick up models I don't already have! That being said, put it a closet and when he finally sees it, tell him you've had it for "quite awhile"!!
    That is what I do, the portable machines are in hiding all over my place, mostly in the bottom of the closets covered with fabric. The cabinet machines are a little (a lot) harder to hide or disguise. I think that DH can't tell the difference anymore between the old and new acquisitions any more.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    I have to agree; if you don't already have a 15-91, you NEED one. Besides, when your DH retires he will want to learn to sew, or at least help you work on your lovely old machines, so you'd really be doing it for him.
    jlm5419-an Okie back in Oklahoma!
    http://according-to-ginger.blogspot.com/

This is funny - all of us egging her on. (Not that she needs much more encouragement! ) We're so bad.....

Blog Entries
    I love all of my 15's. This is why I now have four of them. However, I don't have a portable one. So, like you, I would convince myself that I NEED one too. I'd go with the "hide it in the closet plan". I use this plan a lot. This is why I have 17 sewing machines. Someday I will down size, but for now, I'm just enjoying my collection.

One can never have too many sewing machines. I love every one of my machines from the antique Singer treadle to the Featherweight to my new Ellisimo Gold sewing and Embroidery machine. Anything "sewing" speaks to me. LOL

Blog Entries
    Well, of course, you NEED it!!!!!!

You can never have too many 15-91's...I also love them! I couldn't pass one up if I came across one for sale. I have 3 or 4 of them...I've lost count...have so many vintage machines.
    Lynn

Blog Entries
    I love my 15-91 too. I don't have a portable one, maybe I should get it.....lol!
    To make lots of quilts, is to have lots of scraps, and I do, and I do.
    BarbaraSue

LOLOLOL OMG Charlee, my grandmother used to do that when we'd go shopping and when she finally wore the item, my grandfather would ask her if it was new and she'd say no she's had it for "quite a while" lolol he would smile and say to me later, she thinks I was born yesterday. LOLOL good answer tho

HAHAHAHA!! I do that with fabric.
    Kim

Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog. ~Franklin P. Jones

There is just something that pulls me to just one more sewing machine. Maybe it is quilt fever that has afflicted you too.

I am certainly considering the machine, I cringe at the thought of one of 15's going down. I just feel I need a pair and a spare for the 15....mmmmm

Unhappy I think I need it!

Quote Originally Posted by deedum View Post
    I have 2 Feather Weights, & I just love them. What is a Singer 15-91? Would like to see some pictures.

Blog Entries
    the thing is, and we all know this is true, we can't always go by what dh thinks or 'knows'. when it's his field of interest i try to stay out of the decision making process, and when it's MY area of expertise, i expect the same respect. the other day my 23 yr old kenmore bit the dust. so i needed a machine in a hurry-- long list of commitments due now. dh wanted to surf the net, and watch e= bay to see what came up. NO! needed something NOW. anyway, i saw him sit down and stare at the machine and after a little bit he stood up and said, "let's go to the mall." we were off to buy a new machine! not my dream by any means but it will get my projects done almost on time and then i can search for what i really want. the point is-- he had no idea what he was looking for, or at and realized it. so if i said it didn't work, then it didn't work. he respected my area of expertise. you just need to make sure your dh knows that this is you area of interest, and you know what you're talking about and whether or not it's time to buy that machine. good luck ! 8-)
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    You convinced me I needed a 15-91. I just bid on and won my first 1952 Singer 15-91. Can't wait to get it. It will be a nice addition to my other vintage Singer machines, a 301 and 401A.

I have 34 working vintage machines and love them all----After my husband passed, I needed something to feel excited about and vintage machines (all but 4 are Singers) came to my rescue. I buy them in all knd of shape and work on getting them up a nd running to make quilts. So, as long as it doesn't keep you from paying your bills or upset your husband too much......I say "go for it"

Do you really, really think you can come one here and ask us to talk you out of it. NO WAY! I say she deserves to be adopted by a loving new mom. God for it! (As long as you have enough money to keep feeding DH - forget about the guilt).

Grr.... I called on it and asked to meet and haven't heard back yet...what is up, either he wants to sell it or he has got another offer. I will keep on it, I wouldn't mind an extra Singer...giggles....how many extras do we need
    DH know how much I am addicted to the 15

Blog Entries
    Singer 15 or a clone is a work horse - great machines - yup I have several around - works great for FM
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

Grrr. the guy who has the singer 15 hasn't returned my call. I wondered did he sell it but it is still on craigslist. I think I will go and buy it if he returns my call soon. I decided parts is worth that. I really am hoping he will call.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast