Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   I think I need it! I am sure I do, not sure if my DH thinks I do! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/i-think-i-need-i-am-sure-i-do-not-sure-if-my-dh-thinks-i-do-t175744.html)

deedum 01-15-2012 02:14 PM

I think I need it! I am sure I do, not sure if my DH thinks I do!

If you read any of my post, you know just how much I love the Singer 15-91! I love, love, love them. I just found a portable for a nice price. Appears to be in nice condition. Am checking on it! I am sure I need it even though I got 2 cabinet models and 2 301's and ummm a couple of others :) Not quite sure what my hubby will think. We will see here shortly when he gets off the ph. I firgue when we down size in the next 5-10 years I may not be able to bring all of my cabinet models with me (try stopping me) but that is my story for now! A girl needs a back up plan!

thepolyparrot 01-15-2012 08:04 PM

:D That's cute!

With all these sewing machines, a 15-91 can often present itself to me at a near-irresistable price. It takes all my willpower to walk away and even then, I feel a little sad that I'm not taking it home. :::sniff, sniff::: :(

Charlee 01-15-2012 09:04 PM

I love my 15-91, but until it breaks, (and it won't) I don't need another one...I like to pick up models I don't already have! :) That being said, put it a closet and when he finally sees it, tell him you've had it for "quite awhile"!! ;) :D

deedum 01-16-2012 05:47 AM

I don't know, I looked at some more pictures. I am thinking about it. Sometime I got to stop, but the 15 is my favorite of all machines.

Blackberry 01-16-2012 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by deedum (Post 4877559)
If you read any of my post, you know just how much I love the Singer 15-91! I love, love, love them. I just found a portable for a nice price. Appears to be in nice condition. Am checking on it! I am sure I need it even though I got 2 cabinet models and 2 301's and ummm a couple of others :) Not quite sure what my hubby will think. We will see here shortly when he gets off the ph. I firgue when we down size in the next 5-10 years I may not be able to bring all of my cabinet models with me (try stopping me) but that is my story for now! A girl needs a back up plan!

I have 3 of them and I love, love, love them. The prices were so great that I just couldn't resist. I think you should get it.

Caroline S 01-16-2012 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 4878708)
I love my 15-91, but until it breaks, (and it won't) I don't need another one...I like to pick up models I don't already have! :) That being said, put it a closet and when he finally sees it, tell him you've had it for "quite awhile"!! ;) :D

That is what I do, the portable machines are in hiding all over my place, mostly in the bottom of the closets covered with fabric. The cabinet machines are a little (a lot) harder to hide or disguise. I think that DH can't tell the difference anymore between the old and new acquisitions any more.

jlm5419 01-16-2012 09:13 AM

I have to agree; if you don't already have a 15-91, you NEED one. Besides, when your DH retires he will want to learn to sew, or at least help you work on your lovely old machines, so you'd really be doing it for him. :)

thepolyparrot 01-16-2012 09:16 AM

This is funny - all of us egging her on. (Not that she needs much more encouragement! :D ) We're so bad.....

KatFish 01-16-2012 09:51 AM

I love all of my 15's. This is why I now have four of them. However, I don't have a portable one. So, like you, I would convince myself that I NEED one too. I'd go with the "hide it in the closet plan". I use this plan a lot. This is why I have 17 sewing machines. Someday I will down size, but for now, I'm just enjoying my collection.

nstitches4u 01-16-2012 10:54 AM

One can never have too many sewing machines. I love every one of my machines from the antique Singer treadle to the Featherweight to my new Ellisimo Gold sewing and Embroidery machine. Anything "sewing" speaks to me. LOL