Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Which one???

Ok I have two tops ready...Which one would be easier to try free motion on?? The bright pink and yellow is all pieced where the cowboy quilt has got a lot of open space in the middle but it is larger??

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-35808-1.htm

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-69957-1.htm

Blog Entries
    If you are new to FMQ, any inconsistencies or problems you have would be less evident on the pink quilt. They are both gorgeous so why not just make a quilt sandwich with some scraps and practice on that and then see how it goes?

Thanks scowlkat..I have been doing a lot of practicing..A lot!!! I am trying to get brave enough to do a quilt..ugh

Quote Originally Posted by scowlkat
    If you are new to FMQ, any inconsistencies or problems you have would be less evident on the pink quilt. They are both gorgeous so why not just make a quilt sandwich with some scraps and practice on that and then see how it goes?
    I agree - I'd start on the pink one. There's a lot of opportunity on the cowboy one to use the hats and boots as a guide, but if you're just learning, it will be easier to just "wing it" on the pink one.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltmom04
    Quote Originally Posted by scowlkat
    I agree - I'd start on the pink one. There's a lot of opportunity on the cowboy one to use the hats and boots as a guide, but if you're just learning, it will be easier to just "wing it" on the pink one.
    Agreed. I've never FMQ yet, but I was thinking the pieced pink one is "busier" and would camouflage the stitching more, should it not be perfect. :)

Pink

Blog Entries
    The pink one, maybe try some varigated thread too :D:D:D

It's been recommended to me a couple of times to practice on a white board drawing designs to preview FMQ. You can also use drawing paper, if you don't have access to a white board. Have fun!

Blog Entries
    I think it depends on the color of thread that you plan to use as to which would be easier to hide bobbles.

Pink one would "hide" things better~