Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
one of THOSE quilts >

one of THOSE quilts

one of THOSE quilts

Old 07-21-2015, 05:21 AM

Isn't it nice that we have this great board to share our pain and laugh with us at our humanity? Do post a pic!
Old 07-21-2015, 05:34 AM

Oh, I can so relate. I made a quilt for our adult nephew last year, one 'operator' mistake after another. He is an independent film maker and it focused on all his films and his production company, my own pattern (clue # 1 to the biggest headache, clue # 2 making it a reversible quilt).

I finally finished this quilt and sent it off with heavy heart as I'd come to dislike it so much that I was sure it would be a ho-hum gift. He was and is so thrilled with it, I cannot remember anyone I've ever gifted a quilt to that has been so appreciative.

KUDOS with applause to you for hanging in there!
Old 07-21-2015, 05:56 AM

I'm sorry you're having so many problems with this quilt but I must say, you post was the most entertainment I've had on the Board in awhile. Your sense of humor will carry you though.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:10 AM

That was a very tough day! But you won! Will love to see the finished quilt - I know it will be a beauty.

Susan
Old 07-21-2015, 08:35 AM

I had a project that went that way and the day I finished it I was so happy to finally be done when I clipped that last long thread I clipped a big chunk right out of the of it. I was in tears. Lucky I was able to find some more of the fabric and fix it.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter View Post
Sorry Gramie bj, I'm going to open that bottle of wine that I offered earlier. I have to rip apart 10-4 patches that have a different shade of white than the other 25...Darn white!
OH ! FEEL FOR YOU! another reason I hate working with white or ever white on white scraps. Black seems to be just as bad for me. Enjoy your wine, I will be thinking of you. I would love to post photos on this board, but that is another mater of operator error, or maybe it is my new windows 8? YA! That sounds good! Blame it on the computer! (Sorry, that sounds a lot like saying-the check is in the mail- LOL) Oh Ya, the ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE QUILTS saga is continuing, pulled out my extensive stash of flannel (all 3 pieces) to find the backing. Now you must relies I can pinch a buffalo nickel. until it turns into a Guernsey calf. LOL So who knows where or when I got this piece. I know I was washed at last once before it hit my stash. But to be sure it won't shrink more, after measuring twice (had almost a full yard extra) I washed it again. Length is fine, but it went from 42 wide to 38. HUMM maybe to be safe I should wash again, down to 35 and not enough for backing. AUUGH! Will have to use different fabric, The search continues! Have washed that flannel 3 more times still shrinking ( will admit not as bad now) but the color is fading. Hey Otis do you want flannel cat bed ? LOL
Old 07-21-2015, 04:45 PM
Power Poster

I give you kudos for sticking with it. When I've had problems, I generally ball it up and walk away. We all have quilts like that now and again. Don't let it get you discouraged, after all you did finish it and that's a major accomplishment. Hang in there.