Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Online Retailers >

Online Retailers

Online Retailers

Old 07-04-2014, 03:55 PM

I bought my Janome 11,000 SE from SMP. I got interest free for 5 years, that's why. I found them totally unprofessional. I bought it through contact with a salesman who told me I had the latest version. I found out it should be the latest version elsewhere. He didn't know a thing about it. The upgrade is a separate pkg. that comes with different hoops.

Anyhow, I took a day off to get familiar with the machine. I got the book out and worked through it. I tried to change to a different stitch or length or something, and the machine wouldn't do it. As a newbie I was worried so I called tech support. Then I sat for six hours waiting for them to call back.

Then I called again and got put on hold, then I wrote my salesman, and got through and he said that the tech said he called me. YOU THINK? I was sitting by my machine all day!

Anyhow, the answer was so easy, all I had to do was push the pedal and it would move to the next mode.

I can't remember all that I tried to communicate about, I think the main thing was my sales guy said the latest version would be installed, and the fact that no one else would discuss it.

I wrote to the owners, they didn't bother to respond. The last time I wrote them I told them I was going to my local store to buy the 15000 and if they could communicate with me I would buy it from them. btw I didn't buy it, I think my 11,000 will do as much.

OH, here's the kicker. I called my local store to get lessons to use my new machine and THEY said they could have done the five yr. thing. I told her I called and asked and they said three.

It really stinks that the market is such that you can't trust anyone.

Bottom line, I would not buy from Sewing Machines Plus unless you are close enough to walk in and demand satisfaction.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:19 PM

I want it all, and I want it now.

CD in Oklahoma
Old 07-04-2014, 08:00 PM

When I was looking for my Janome 6600 I googled the shops that sell them in my area then went to each one to see their prices on it. Forgot to say the cheapest price I found on internet was $1,599.00. Out of the 3 shops in my area there was 1 that had the same price & were wonderful ladies to talk to, one of the shops wanted $2,399.00! I ended up buying it on Ebay (the machine is in perfect condition) for $1,029.00 with free shipping and no sales tax so ended up saving around $748.00! I am a happy camper. I know I don't get the warranty or the free lessons but from my research it is a well build machine & I can always pay for the classes which would still end up cheaper than buying it whole sale.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:04 PM

Just know that the sewing machines that you buy in "Big Box Stores" and the ones you buy CHEAP on line......are NOT the same quality that you get from a sewing machine dealer. And you get service and support from your dealer. That alone is worth so much !
Old 07-06-2014, 07:20 PM

I bought my Juki 2010 sewing machine, my Juki MO-735 serger and my Brother PE-770 embroidery machine by ordering online from Sewing Machines Plus. I also ordered my Janome 7700, my Janome CPX 900 coverstitch machine and my Brother PQ1500s online from Allbrands. Both places were excellent, good customer service, my orders arrived quickly and were packed really well. Both of them are dealers, they just happen to sell many machines online, however, I do know that some machines are sold only in their stores but I think that has to do with their agreements with Janome, for example. But, the machines I purchased are exactly the same as if I had walked in a bought one. All excellent quality. My online machine buying experiences have all been good and each machine I got a better deal than if I had gone to a local dealer.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:02 PM

This is the online shop I purchased my Juki TL 2010q from. My experience is that they have outstanding customer service.

http://www.icanhelpsew.com

She also has a storefront, "The Sewing and Vacuum Center".

Last edited by Colorful1; 07-06-2014 at 08:05 PM.