Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
OPENING A NEW LQS, NEED COLOR HELP >

OPENING A NEW LQS, NEED COLOR HELP

OPENING A NEW LQS, NEED COLOR HELP

Old 06-21-2010, 09:35 PM

I think it's important to have light, medium and dark values is all lines of fabric. That's what really makes a quilt sing!!!

Personally, my living room colors are in a deep red (wine color but can't remember the name) towards brick or maroon actually. I have trouble finding much in this color way. Lots of burgandy, purple, but those don't work.

Good luck on your new endeaver! Dani
Old 06-22-2010, 02:41 AM

all colors for me to.....but I do love pinks and greens. I have trouble finding fall and burgundy colors.
Good luck with your store!
Old 06-23-2010, 06:15 AM

Lights - pales of every color - are hard to find. Something that shows just a hint of color is good for a background, but nearly impossible to find.

I hope your store thrives!
Old 06-26-2010, 06:25 AM

Lots of neutrals, Asians, and Batiks! And Purples! I have two LQS, one of which carries hardly any blues as the OWNER doesn't care for that color! I don't care for repros, but that doesn't mean the next quilter doesn't have a passion for them. So I guess you have to carry everything! LOL!
Let me know when you open, I'll come shop!
Old 06-26-2010, 06:32 AM

I love solid Black with a patern printed on it
white with diferent paterns on them to match progects
I love brights and black with bright paterns
I love cats..lots of cats..anything cats I have bought some.
I love paterns with matalic in the design
I love paislies in my prints
I love hand dyed fabric!
Old 07-05-2010, 05:21 PM

I like all the fall colors and red, black and white, but if I know someone who would like to have e.g. a table runner I would do it in their favorite color
Old 10-25-2011, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by merridancer
I am about to begin inventory purchases for my new store and I need to know what is your favorite color for quilting, least favorite color, and what is the hardest thing for you to find other than a long arm machine.

Thanks for you help !!! :D
this color question is never going to be solved by a group, we all have our favorite colors, but i will tell you that a quilt store that sorts its fabrics by collection instead of color drives me nuts!!!! anyone who grew up (as a quilter) in a place like Rosie's Calico Cupboard in san diego and had yards and yards of each color to choose from when shopping for just the right pink (or blue or yellow) is just plain frustrated when they walk into a place with all of thimbleberries here and rjr there and vip down there.... please, give me all the reds you have in one place and i will decide which one i want, not the 'fabric designer' from a manufacturer who is trying to sell you as many pieces as possible from their current line.... i don't care which red they suggest, i will get the best one if the store owners will just get them all in one place.... (sorry, this has been a big irritation since retiring and moving to a place where the fabrics are not sorted by color.... even walmart puts them in manufacturing groups.... it takes the fun out of finding what i need)
Old 10-25-2011, 10:04 AM

I have heard rumors that a new LQS is opening in La Verne, CA??
will this still be online or are you going to open up a store???
In answer to your question. I think you need to have a large supply of all the new fabrics. Be current with the styles and make sure you also provide classes to go with the quilts you have on display.
Most important is attitude to the customers.
Good luck
Old 10-25-2011, 10:18 AM

I would love to see more vibrant colors, all shades....am so tired of looking and all I see are tiny florals in pastels....now don't get me wrong, each color and print has it's purpose, but give us some variety....I love teals, greens and blues, but will never buy a huge print in some off the wall color combo....JMHO