View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 10:00 AM
deemail

Originally Posted by merridancer
I am about to begin inventory purchases for my new store and I need to know what is your favorite color for quilting, least favorite color, and what is the hardest thing for you to find other than a long arm machine.

Thanks for you help !!! :D
this color question is never going to be solved by a group, we all have our favorite colors, but i will tell you that a quilt store that sorts its fabrics by collection instead of color drives me nuts!!!! anyone who grew up (as a quilter) in a place like Rosie's Calico Cupboard in san diego and had yards and yards of each color to choose from when shopping for just the right pink (or blue or yellow) is just plain frustrated when they walk into a place with all of thimbleberries here and rjr there and vip down there.... please, give me all the reds you have in one place and i will decide which one i want, not the 'fabric designer' from a manufacturer who is trying to sell you as many pieces as possible from their current line.... i don't care which red they suggest, i will get the best one if the store owners will just get them all in one place.... (sorry, this has been a big irritation since retiring and moving to a place where the fabrics are not sorted by color.... even walmart puts them in manufacturing groups.... it takes the fun out of finding what i need)