First, I'll say that I can't provide a picture because I'm at work. I know these kinds of questions are so much easier with pictures but I just thought about this on my way to work. So apologies for asking for opinions in a vacuum.
Here's my quilt - all batiks - and gorgeous so far, if I say so myself:
- Embroidered blocks on white
- Each block framed in medium purple
- Sashed in dusty rose pink print
- Inner border, same purple as frame
- Outer border of light green with purple and pink florals
My question is on the binding. I've planned and made the binding in purple, but I'm thinking that the sashing fabric would be a better tie-in. Either looks equally good against the border fabric but I'm wondering if I have too much of the purple and too little of the pink.