Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Other peoples quilts/homes >

Other peoples quilts/homes

Other peoples quilts/homes

Old 12-28-2015, 09:04 AM

Default Other peoples quilts/homes

My husband and I have been searching through homes on Zillow the last several months. I always enjoy seeing the pictures of homes that have quilts on beds or displayed. One home I remember has the same quilt I made (Bonnie Hunters Grand Illusion 2014 mystery quilt) so I know it was home-made. Another home had a handful of gorgeous show quality quilts hanging on the walls. Have seen several homes with enough quilts displayed/being used that I just know it's a quilters house.

It's been a bonus (and fun) seeing the quilts on my home searches!!
Old 12-28-2015, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

I find that I prefer to look at images on Googles, there for I am sometimes able to track down the pattern as well.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:26 AM

Yes. Nothing like a quilt to make a home cozy and inviting.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:29 AM

Yes, my husband and I are casually looking for a new home within the next year or two, and I also really enjoy seeing the quilts in the homes online that are for sale. My husband will be scrolling through the pictures of the rooms, and I will say, 'wait, back up, I saw two quilts in the master bedroom.'
Old 12-28-2015, 09:33 AM
Power Poster

We recently sold our house and moved to another state and I left the little quilt on the bed for the pictures. And for the showings. I have a solid color spread on and put different smaller quilts over it as the mood strikes me.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:34 AM

I'd take a closer look at those houses that have quilts hanging, because it's likely the homeowner has a quilting studio of some sort already set up!
Old 12-28-2015, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I'd take a closer look at those houses that have quilts hanging, because it's likely the homeowner has a quilting studio of some sort already set up!
Some did ... some did not. Of the ones that didn't, given the number of rooms and the number of pictures, I can only guess the sewing room had been dismantled for "showing" OR the home owner is not the quilter. Others, there may have been a room that was not shown in the photo's (if number of rooms was not given). I saw very few sewing rooms and the ones I did see were not what I envision.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:54 AM

My SIL and I once toured a home for sale in her neighborhood. The owner had been a scrapbooker and had a studio setup that was TO DIE FOR. A very large room, large work table in the center, lots of built-in cupboards and drawers around the perimeter, lots of natural light. I wanted to buy it right then and there!
Old 12-28-2015, 10:18 AM

I enjoy watching the Hallmark channel movies....I see lots of quilts in there rooms...in fact I saw one that I want to make. It was a very simple rag quilt but done with a white or off white plain top and the layers were coloured flannel..looked very elegant I thought
Old 12-28-2015, 10:25 AM

I'm betting a lot of the sewing rooms where dismantled for the pictures and while the home was for sale. I'd need to do that with mine because it's so crowded and messy. It makes what is really a fairly large room look small.