Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Other peoples quilts/homes >

Other peoples quilts/homes

Other peoples quilts/homes

Old 12-28-2015, 02:51 PM

I have some realtor friends, and the mantra now is to not have "specialized rooms" that a majority of buyers wouldn't be able to envision using-so most are advised, I'm sure, to go the home office or guest bedroom route if they are staging their home.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:36 PM

some of those houses for sale have a staging company set things up for them... they bring in furniture and wall art to help sell the houses... now I am curious if those staging companies could use quilts? as we all know quilts are very appealing in a home
Old 12-28-2015, 07:10 PM

My DD and family had their home staged. I am sure that it helped sell their home but unfortunately, they had too 'live with the illusion' until the sale was finalized. Not an easy proposition with two toddlers and a pile of 'borrowed' possessions.

If we were selling our home, I would try to keep my sewing room tidy (just like DH would keep the office as tidy as possible for HIM) but I honestly don't think I could dismantle it.
Old 12-29-2015, 05:11 AM

GingerK, I agree with you. If we were to list our home, I wouldn't be able to dismantle my studio. I would need to use it to keep my sanity! I would try to keep it as neat as possible.
Old 12-29-2015, 02:45 PM

Twice now I've seen quilts in the photos that I made! They had been gifts to 2 different families who later moved & had the quilts displayed on the beds for the photos, exciting to me.
We have moved several times due to job transfers, so I always had a sewing machine set up with a current project (just a sewing corner in younger days) for the photos & when house was shown, couldn't see the need to stop my life while house was on the market. But did try to keep it neat looking, houses always sold.
Maire
Old 12-29-2015, 04:05 PM

I love to spot quilts in tv shows also. DH will ask, what pattern is that. I especially enjoyed the Hallmark Christmas shows and the Living Alaska or Buying Alaska. Nice to know others are spotting also.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:32 PM

I stayed in a vacation rental home on the coast recently, and I'd noticed a lot of quilts on the beds in the photos when we picked the house, but I just assumed they were store-bought. When we got there and I could see them in person I could tell they were handmade. There was also a REALLY well-done hand-stitched wall hanging in the living room, and lo and behold when I peeked at the back there was a label - I recognized the quilter's name from the rental paperwork! So I got to vacation in a quilter's home, which felt very appropriate. I always bring a sewing machine on vacation and sew, I wish I had thought to take a picture of MY machine set up in her house and have the rental company send it to her, I imagine she'd have gotten a kick out of that.

Although...who knows, maybe she's a member here! If you're reading this and you own a vacation house called "Deer Watch" - your seascape wall hanging is AMAZING!