Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Panel question >

Panel question

Panel question

Old 06-21-2011, 09:30 PM

I could use your experience.

I ordered four identical panels for a quilt. I was sent one piece of fabric with two motives in one line and two repeats (I hope you know what I mean). Thus, if I cut it into 4 parts, I get four identical pieces of fabric. So far so good...

BUT, the fabric piece I was sent, is cut in a way, that if I cut it into four parts, the panel is not what was pictured. The panel on offer had the moon in the top corner and a cherry branch below. If I cut my piece of fabric into four identical pieces, I'd get the moon at the bottom of the picture (I could turn it around and it might work, but it looks a bit awkward) but even more disappointingly, I'd have to cut right through the cherry branch.

When I asked about this, I got the explanation that the panels were approximately 24 inches long by 22 inches wide as described and that I was sent an uncut piece of fabric so that I could cut them the way I liked.

In my opinion this is not accetable but I have little experience with panels. I understand that you have to order more fabric if you want a complete repeat when you buy it off the roll. But if it is offered as a panel, shouldn't it be cut the way it is pictured?
Old 06-21-2011, 09:44 PM

sounds like maybe they cut the panel from the middle to the middle instead of from the top to the bottom. would have to see it to really understand why the difference you state is happening. what fabric is it?
Old 06-21-2011, 09:51 PM

This is the panel in question. I could work with it, but it's not what I expected. So my question is, were my expectations wrong when I thought I'd get this exact cut? After all, it was offered as a panel.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-215100.jpe  
Old 06-21-2011, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Thusnelda
This is the panel in question. I could work with it, but it's not what I expected. So my question is, were my expectations wrong when I thought I'd get this exact cut? After all, it was offered as a panel.
yes, i agree. if it was sold as a panel then the panel should look like the pic. what if you did not want to cut it up? if you have a panel with the moon at the bottom it would be very odd. just cause it is the same size doesn't mean you get the same result.

good luck.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:04 PM

You should be able to get four exact pieces if you ordered four panels, all with the moon and cherry blossoms in the same place. You are not being unreasonable. If you feel it's not as pictured maybe you can send the company a picture off what you received so they can rectify the problem.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:16 PM

Thank you for your prompt feedback. I'm glad I'm not being unreasonable. After the seller's initial reply, I really wasn't sure anymore.

I could work with what I received but I expect to get a discount. That seems to me the better option than sending it back to the US.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:19 PM

I would expect them to fix the problem by sending you the correct panel(s) without you shipping back the incorrect ones unless they pay for return shipping since it was their error.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:02 PM

When you by a panel, it should be a panel. They should be identical.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:35 AM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by trif
I would expect them to fix the problem by sending you the correct panel(s) without you shipping back the incorrect ones unless they pay for return shipping since it was their error.
+1 :thumbup:
Old 06-22-2011, 02:45 AM

I agree - they should honor what they are advertising.