Thread: Panel question
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Thusnelda

I could use your experience.

I ordered four identical panels for a quilt. I was sent one piece of fabric with two motives in one line and two repeats (I hope you know what I mean). Thus, if I cut it into 4 parts, I get four identical pieces of fabric. So far so good...

BUT, the fabric piece I was sent, is cut in a way, that if I cut it into four parts, the panel is not what was pictured. The panel on offer had the moon in the top corner and a cherry branch below. If I cut my piece of fabric into four identical pieces, I'd get the moon at the bottom of the picture (I could turn it around and it might work, but it looks a bit awkward) but even more disappointingly, I'd have to cut right through the cherry branch.

When I asked about this, I got the explanation that the panels were approximately 24 inches long by 22 inches wide as described and that I was sent an uncut piece of fabric so that I could cut them the way I liked.

In my opinion this is not accetable but I have little experience with panels. I understand that you have to order more fabric if you want a complete repeat when you buy it off the roll. But if it is offered as a panel, shouldn't it be cut the way it is pictured?